What's new

Pioneer VSX-43 Help (1 Viewer)

cstan84

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Anyone know how to increase the volume when using the home theatre? I have an LG TV connected through HDMI cable. I have to turn the receiver up to 61 in order hear the sound. Anyone run into this problem?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
cstan84 said:
Anyone know how to increase the volume when using the home theatre? I have an LG TV connected through HDMI cable. I have to turn the receiver up to 61 in order hear the sound. Anyone run into this problem?
Is the limit to the dynamic range on in the settings?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
In modern AVR volume is set up as doubling.Most of us set at the db scale. When set db, it is not uncommon to listen between -25 to -15.

cstan84

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Phil A said:
Is the limit to the dynamic range on in the settings?
I couldn't find a dynamic range, sorry, i'm not very technically advanced in this area. Where would I find it?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
It might help a bit to know what speakers you have connected.

Also, what exactly is the problem? Are you not able to achieve the volume levels you want at all, or are you simply dismayed that the volume dial reads "61" when you get the levels you want?

As Sam mentioned above, volume is simply a scale... what it reads is largely irrelevant if you get the performance (gain) that you desire.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
cstan84 said:
I couldn't find a dynamic range, sorry, i'm not very technically advanced in this area. Where would I find it?
It would be in your manual. On my Pioneer 1120 it is in the'Other Setup Menu.' It is labeled 'Volume' set-up.

cstan84

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
I think I found it under the "channel level" It has Front L, Center, Front R, Surround R, Surround L, and subwoofer. Most are set at -15 to hear static at a low volume. Going from negative to positive, I get less volume. With just the radio at 55 the music is about the right volume for 2 people to have a normal conversation. Should 55 be louder? I am using the Klipsch home surround sound system, 4 surround sound wall mounts, 1 center speaker, and a sub.

When watching a movie it must be turned up to 65 to hear like in a moview theatre. I could be wrong but shouldnt this thing be louder?

I appreciate your patience and help.

cstan84

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
OK, I feel really dumb now. I made all of the levels positive. Sorry to waste your time.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You should use the supplied microphone and run the MCACC automatic setup and EQ feature. It only takes about 5-10 minutes and all you have to do is plug in the mic, position it (properly) at the main seating position and hit "Start". The receiver will then set the speaker volumes, distances, sizes and the crossover as well as adjusting the internal equalizer.

TimmyBosko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Bosko
cstan84 said:
OK, I feel really dumb now. I made all of the levels positive. Sorry to waste your time.
Don't feel dumb.. we all learn as we go.. I had an old Technics receiver, EQ and CD player bought back in 1989ish.. I just got a new Yamaha receiver for fathers day and going from the old Technics to the new Yamaha was definately a learning experience..

When I first ran the YPAO auto configure thing, the sub would not come on unitl I turned the receiver up quite a bit. Come to find out YPAO set my sub volume to -9. I put it up to around +1 and bam problem solved..

This forum is a great resource.. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks