What's new

Suggestions for home theatre setup (1 Viewer)

somebody19

Auditioning
Real Name
Newish
Hey guys - in short, got a new place and want to set up a home theatre system. Am a complete noob in this space and am not an audiophile. Will largely use it for movies.Have not bought anything (including the TV). The area is approx. 5meters x 3.6meters. Budget is $6k including a 60'' TV. Would you guys have any suggestions on what models I should look out for? And also the type of arrangement in the living room - satellite speakers or floor standing ones?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speakers as big as you can live with. With a $6k budget, $3k should be the speaker budget.AVR should be the smallest budget.What do you have access to?

somebody19

Auditioning
Real Name
Newish
I live in Singapore - I like to think we have decent access to a wide range of brands here; would you have an idea of the more popular brands for my budget?Also, what is the benefit of a larger speaker? Am comparing to smaller ones mounted at the corner of the living room.Cheers

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Bigger is usually...More efficient. Yes, smaller speakers need more power...to accomplish less.Able to create a better soundstage.If your room acoustics are not ideal, larger speakers are easier to dial in.Bringing this one up. Not heard it myself, but fits the budget...and not a single bad review anywhere...Dali Zensor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks