What's new

Fraternity Party Room Setup (1 Viewer)

Will Kavanagh

Auditioning
Hey there! First post here. I have recently been elected the Audio/Visual Chair for my fraternity, and along with that comes the responsibility of maintaining and upgrading the setup that is currently in place for our party room. I am posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions for upgrades or changes that could be made, because I will be the first to admit that I dont know a ton about setups like this.

The room itself is 50ft x 20ft and we have a DJ booth at one end and stages at the other end.

Our setup includes:

2x Harbinger HX118s passive subwoofers
2x JBL JRX115 15inch Loudspeakers
Alto ZMX862 mixer
2x GX3 power amps

Music is controlled through a mac mini which is built into our DJ stand, with outputs going into the ZMX mixer and from there to the amps/speakers.

Here are some pictures to help visualize what i'm talking about.

This is the party room layout.

Red = DJ stand and one of the subs
Blue = the other sub and one of the loudspeakers
Yellow = the other loudspeaker
5NcfNzD.png

Front of the DJ stand with it opened:

e8O9yJq.jpg

Top right of the DJ stand

zTmgN9P.jpg

Top of the DJ stand - there is a sheet of plexyglass covering the monitor for the mac mini

E9v08d7.jpg

Inside the booth from the other side

photo_4_mini.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!!! I still have about $200 in my budget for the year to upgrade or improve, so let me know what you suggest

Thanks!

Will Kavanagh

Auditioning
We already have a decked out lounge area for that haha. This room is hard floor and no furnishing, wouldn't be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks