What's new

Joan Rivers RIP (1 Viewer)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I daresay I was expecting this announcement. I guess no surgery is "routine".

R.I.P.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Yes, I find this sad. I know a lot of people did not like her and found her overly "caustic" ...but I enjoyed her..especially at her peak... when she would substitute host for Johnny Carson. Always got a good laugh then.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
nup-101245-0050.jpg

joan_rivers_johnny_carson_a_l.jpg

nup-105113-0016.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Not unexpected once it was disclosed she had been taken off life support, but sad nevertheless. She could be merciless with her comic persona sometimes, but I'd be lying if I said she didn't make me laugh and she did it more often than not.

She will be missed.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
She was wonderful, all her joking was just having fun with people and I'll miss her.

She was on the Graham Norton show from BBC a few years ago. They're not nearly as sensitive as US networks and she just went for it. Very "adult" humor and it was hilarious.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was a fan of Ms. Rivers' work, and when I heard about her death today, I found myself inspired to write a tribute to her. I like remembering the talents I grew up with, but it's hard to write these pieces. Here's the link: http://popgeeks.net/2014/09/04/remembering-joan-rivers/

She may not have done enough movie work to be in the Oscars In Memoriam next year, but I'm hoping she'll be included in the TCM Remembers segment for 2014, perhaps with a clip of her in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", which has aired on TCM every Thanksgiving for the past few years.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'd also like to see a reissue of "What Becomes A Semi-Legend Most?", but that's probably a long shot.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
TravisR said:
Joan Rivers roasted Howard Stern for his birthday a few months ago and even in her 80's, she was absolutely hysterical.
Heck, she was hysterical every week right to the end, on Fashion Police.

Truly one of the greats. Not only a trailblazer for women, but part of a generation that transitioned comedy in general into the modern era.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
John Kilduff said:
I'd also like to see a reissue of "What Becomes A Semi-Legend Most?", but that's probably a long shot.
The funniest album I have ever heard in my entire life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks