What's new

International Brute Force (1947) press release (1 Viewer)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron

Attachments

• 104530_medium.jpg
    104530_medium.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 37

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've just watched this disc. It's excellent, and the documentary about Burt Lancaster is interesting although Kate Buford gets her time lines mixed up and consequently sometimes draws questionable conclusions.

I didn't buy Brute Force on DVD and tonight was the first time I've seen this film for many, many years. Although several of the ideas and tropes within the film have often been "borrowed" by less talented film makers, Brute Force stands the test of time.

I've always admired Jules Dassin, but having in recent weeks watched The Naked City, Night And The City as well as Brute Force, I've come the conclusion that he was an exceptionally good director. All his films are well acted by the entire cast, all feature superb cinematography and all are well paced with no dull spots. In the next few days I'm going to watch Thieves' Highway, Rififi and The Law.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Even his contract work at MGM is interesting and worth exploring. Also check his lighter work with his wife, Melina Mercouri.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Even his contract work at MGM is interesting and worth exploring. Also check his lighter work with his wife, Melina Mercouri.

Unfortunately Melina Mercouri is one of those actresses I can't stand. I will see her again when I re-watch The Law where she's not too bad, but - for me, not for other people - she ruins Topkapi, a film I would otherwise love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks