What's new

Replacement Bulb for ViewSonic DLP (1 Viewer)

ryan8787

Auditioning
Real Name
Ryan
The projector i have is a ViewSonic PJD5133 and the bulb has seemed to produce a blue tint no matter what i am watching. So after a little bit of reading it seemed that i needed to replace the bulb/lamp. Off to google i went, typed in the Projector make and model along with replacement bulb, ordered what looked right to me, but now that the bulb has arrived it doesnt look like this is what is originally in the projector. Am I just doing something wrong that i am overlooking? I will be the first to admit that i am not well versed with this technology, but this is something i was confident in doing up until today...

Here is what i was shipped:
http://www.bulbamerica.com/viewsonic-pjd5133-projector-assembly-with-high-quality-original-bulb-inside.html?mr:trackingCode=1439E3F1-D09D-E211-B425-BC305BEDE924&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla&gclid=CK7kvMWyw8ACFUKCMgodUyQAhA

This is the Projector:

http://www3.pcmag.com/media/images/300413-viewsonic-pjd5133.jpg

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Based on the manufacturer's details, the replacement lamp (with housing) is part number RLC-072. You can get directly from the manufacturer (always the safest route, but more expensive) for $229.

Alternatively, this is available from www.projectorpeople.com for $175. I HIGHLY recommend PP - they are a top notch, class-A organization. If you're at all in doubt, call them and you will talk to someone who knows for 100% certain what you need.

While buying from the manufacturer is the best option, ProjectorPeople is one of the few places where I would trust that I would get an OEM lamp and not a cheap knock-off. I got a replacement lamp from them for my Mits projector a year or two ago with no problems.

Looking at the site for the item you purchased, it looks like the correct lamp, though the SKU has a "_2" appended to it. Maybe that's because it's not a OEM assembly, or maybe there is a slight difference.

Bottom line - when it comes to projector lamps, don't mess around with cheap knockoffs. Spend the bucks to get an OEM lamp.

Have you actually removed the lamp and housing from your current projector to compare to what you got? Really, it is best to replace the lamp and housing in one shot, rather than just the actual bulb itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks