What's new

Westinghouse HDTV (1 Viewer)

DarkWilSin

Agent
Real Name
Wilson Mercado Lopez
So i bought this HDTV simply cause it said it is 120Hz on the front True 1080p and all that stuff LED so i figured nice.

i come to find out its not 120Hz and the option is not even there and its a LED LCD.

So i get to contect customer support who takes about 2 months to reply.

and this is what i get on the first reply.

Also this is my HDTV's model number EW40T4FW

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

1) The EW40T4FW is a 120hz refresh rate TV. Why do you think it is not?

so i ask myself. ok i know none of these blu ray's are looking like they are moving as if im watching soap operas.

So i respond and this is the second reply i get.

1) The on screen display displays the true broadcast frequency of the SOURCE device only, which is normally 60Hz. All 1080/ 720p signal sources going into TV will then show 60Hz frequency, but the TV electronically up scales the refresh rate to 120Hz.
So TV is upscaling to 120Hz even though on screen display says 60Hz. Upscaling is ON by default. There is no setting to turn it ON/OFF.

So i told him ok fine. I will be getting back to you im taking this to the forums who i trust.

So i would love your feedback and help thank you.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So what's the problem?You thought LED was the type of TV. No such thing exists, or will ever exist.LED is the backlight, always has been, always will be.And 60hz is the US standard, always will be.Every TV is 60hz.120, 240, 480, 960 etc are all numbers in creation of multiples of 60.

DarkWilSin

Agent
Real Name
Wilson Mercado Lopez
so in other words schan nothing i could do and just stay with the hdtv. next time ill come here and ask for a recommendation.

hows everything schan hope things are great.

any other thoughts?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I have a feeling that although the display has a 120Hz refresh rate, it does not feature any "smooth motion" or other frame-interpolation capability. In this case, the display is simply "drawing" the same frame twice.

99% of the time, if there's a frame interpolation feature, it will have a setting in the menus. There is a much less chance that such a feature can be completely disabled or turned off (usually, there will be settings like "low, medium, high").

I would just be thankful that whatever the display is doing internally doesn't seem to be bothering you.

In the future, however, I would always take a minute to download the manual for a display before purchasing it to make sure that you can disable all artificial image "enhancements". You can always experiment to see what you like, but I would prefer having the option to disable them all completely.

DarkWilSin

Agent
Real Name
Wilson Mercado Lopez
I agree with the disabling simply cause i have been playing ps4 games like the last of us and some other games that run at 60fps and i see like a ghost shadow behind the movement or like a late picture like the tv can not keep up with the image.

but yeah also if there are any ISF calibrators or someone who did this hdtv is there any possible way to get the settings for it so i can add it.

also if someone could look into the settings is there anything i should shut off i have eveyrthing on off, the onyl thing that i am not sure what to do with is the HDMI Mode only two options there Video Or Graphic, also the color space always resets on me never stays how i configured it.

any help with that would be awesome.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks