Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What about a PUG?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 of 48 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,413 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted November 14 2014 - 03:06 PM

I am so sorry about Henry. At least he was with his master when it happened.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#42 of 48 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted November 17 2014 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Johnny and that is a good point - at least Henry was at home with his family.

• Sam Posten likes this
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#43 of 48 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,413 posts

Posted November 18 2014 - 12:27 PM

Your welcome Chris. I know it means a lot to me to be with my kids all the way.
  • ChristopherG likes this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#44 of 48 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,099 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 01 2014 - 09:24 AM

Via reddit, pug in a tub:

Rare to see a dog that happy about a bath!

• DaveF likes this

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#45 of 48 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 01 2014 - 09:56 AM

That guy sounds too much like James Earl Jones!  :biggrin:

Especially the laugh.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#46 of 48 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,413 posts

Posted December 05 2014 - 02:06 PM

POPULAR

When I watch the pug getting his bath I see two family members who love each other very much.  That dog loves his master and understands the bath is special treatment, an expression of love from his master.  Why wouldn't he love the bath?

Now cats, no matter I much I love them, they are not going to think a bath is an expression of love.  They're more likely to think I'm a dirty sob, for doing it to them.

• Sam Posten, Stan and DaveF like this
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#47 of 48 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted December 05 2014 - 04:16 PM

When I watch the pug getting his bath I see two family members who love each other very much.  That dog loves his master and understands the bath is special treatment, an expression of love from his master.  Why wouldn't he love the bath?

Now cats, no matter I much I love them, they are not going to think a bath is an expression of love.  They're more likely to think I'm a dirty sob, for doing it to them.

Johnny, reminds of my first two cats, Wilbur - physically looked like he was Siamese, but pure black, short hair. And Charlotte - Pure white long hair, blue eyes and she could hear (I've had many people say she was a rare exception. Because of some genetic problem, supposedly most cats like her are deaf, who knows, maybe some old wives tale).

Charlotte, with her long white fur that constantly needed combing, loved to sleep in my fireplace. It was a rental, so I could only put up a screen, but no matter what I did, she'd find her way in and nap while I was at work. She'd act all innocent when I got home, but pure white, sleeping in the ashes, pretty obvious so she was always "busted".

She actually enjoyed her baths, very odd for a cat, but she loved the warm water, baby shampoo and the massage she got.

Have a black lab now. Actually very clean dogs but I bathe her a few times a year anyway. She absolutely hated it at first, and as she grew it just got worse. Lifting a 75 lb. dog into the tub when they don't want to do it can really be a pain.

Then suddenly one day she completely shifted gears. She could tell what I was planning, getting towels and shampoo all prepped for her and she just jumped into the tub and waited patiently. Never had a problem since then.

Sometimes our pets can surprise us in the strangest ways.

• DaveF likes this
Stan

#48 of 48 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,099 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 06 2014 - 02:03 PM

My last cat, Marble, loved running water.  She'd sit in the sink and meow until I ran it for her.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users