In-n-Out best burger in LA (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let me tell you...

The moment I arrive in L.A., the first place I go is In-N-Out.

There is NOTHING like it anywhere else. Bar none, the best
burger I have ever had.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Totally agreed. Five Guys is tasty and lets you customize your way (BBQ sauce and fried onions & peppers please) but In N Out animal style is hard to beat!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I tried it at the HTF 2012 meet (are we going again in 2016?) and it was very good and inexpensive!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronald Epstein said:
Let me tell you... The moment I arrive in L.A., the first place I go is In-N-Out. There is NOTHING like it anywhere else. Bar none, the bestburger I have ever had.
Have you been to Shake Shack in NYC? Because, best burger :)(My bias, unimpressed by in n out.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I might be in the minority, but I wasn't too impressed by In-N-Out Burger when I tried them. But to be fair to them, I haven't really been wowed by any of the other burger chains either.

I think it's just a matter of how I like burgers. I don't like cheese, or any of the special sauces the different chains offer for their burgers. When I get a burger, all I want on it is the meat, ketchup, pickles, onions (either carmelized or chopped raw), and maybe some bacon.

It's not that In-N-Out can't do a burger like that or that any of the other places can't, but I think what makes them special and why people love them are all the different special secret sauces and the like, in other words, the stuff I don't eat.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
DaveF said:
Have you been to Shake Shack in NYC? Because, best burger :)(My bias, unimpressed by in n out.)
A Shake Shack just opened up near my office. The online reviews are not too kind, though -- they mostly lean toward "mediocre food" & "overpriced."

I finally tried Smashburger last week. It was decent, but not better than Five Guys (which is more conveniently located for me).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We just got a Smashburger locally.

I have yet to try them out. Their online menu looks tasty.

But I'm no fan of Five Guys either (except for the peanuts!).

Everything I see about In-n-Out looks pretty damn good.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Aaron Silverman said:
A Shake Shack just opened up near my office. The online reviews are not too kind, though -- they mostly lean toward "mediocre food" & "overpriced.".
That Shake Shack is broken, or those reviews are trolls. Because, best fast-food burger :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another nice place is Burger-Fi. Great burgers. Meh fries. AMAZING! custard. Elevation Burger, recently opened here, has decent burgers. I think they're made from happy cows, and happy cows taste different from your typical sad cow, so it's not to everyone's taste. Their fries are very good. Shakes, disappointing.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There will be an In-N-Out opening in Oregon, three hours drive from me. It seems kind of hard to believe given how long the place has been a (predominantly) Southern California institution.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Beats me about your L.A. burger chain, but here in Vancouver we have the legendary White Spot, and the more recent Vera's Burgers. Any celebrities filming here in need of a hamburger should indulge. It'll give them something to be snobby about when they get back to California.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm from Philly but now live in Orlando.
Shake Shack and Smashburger both opened in the last year.

Smashburger is good but overpriced. Also very salty.

I'm not a fan of literaly smashing a burger flat.

Squishes all the juices out. Just shape it like a burger and cook it.
Five guys is about as over rated as any place I've ever seen.
Burgers are good but not go out of the way to get one good.

Shake Shack while also over priced was the best burger I ever had.
plenty of flavor without being over salted.

ONly complaint I have is the shakes. $5 for a teeny tiny cup, milk shake is a disgrace.
Smash is about the same size for $4. decent price but still too small for a shake.

Users who are viewing this thread