What's new

Denon x1000 or x3000? Help me.... (1 Viewer)

Nazmul Islam Tipu

Auditioning
Real Name
Tipu
Where the sound processing & quality is concern, which one should I chose, Denon x1000 or x3000?Does x3000 can play two separate sub woofer?Current EquipmentLG LA8600W Smart LEDSony BDV E4100 5.1Room Size 16X16.5= 264 sqfDoesn't have any receiverLoudness is ok, Bluray movie experience is fine, but Downloaded movie(most movies, even good quality) watching experience is not so good. Coz it can not deliver proper center vocal sound, it low, cant hear properly.It might better if I get processed sound at the time of listening mp3 and watching downloaded music video.Want to buy a receiver and two floor standing Polk speakerSuggest me...

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Hmm, where to start...

Any receiver can feed multiple subwoofers with a cheap RCA splitter. 95% of ".2" receivers out there simply have the splitter "on the inside".

The "quality" of sound in any system is mostly determined by the speakers, not the receiver, and the speakers that came with that Sony system are not very good. In fact, you should know that if you get a nice, new receiver, you're going to need all new speakers - not just the front two. The surrounds in that Sony system are low impedance and not very efficient, and you'd never want to try and use that Sony center with new polk mains. All three front speakers should be from the same product line for tonal consistency.

Finally, the biggest source of your dissatisfaction is most likely due to the fact that you're accessing compressed/downloaded content. The quality of such materials is never as good as disc-based materials, and as you improve the quality of your system, you're only going to make the content's shortcomings MORE obvious, not less. Garbage in, garbage out is the adage. If the source is low quality, all the processing in the world isn't going to magically make it better.

Just my opinion, of course.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I have a Denon AVR-X1000 in my upstairs bonus/guest room. Before I retired again, I was back and forth and used the room before moving my bedroom furniture in late last year so I wanted something half decent. I have a 50 inch Insignia TV, a Sony Blu-Ray player and a Marantz DV9600 (DVD universal). I have a 4.1 system with a Sunfire Jr sub, Mobile Fidelity large bookshelves and (Sonance) in-ceiling surrounds. I also have a Roku 3 for Netflix and other internet TV. When I upgrade one of the other systems, I'l move one of my Oppo Blu-Ray players upstairs and replace the other players. I agree that what you are likely getting is substandard source material. I just tried some (320kbps) MP3s on a USB thumb drive on the Sony Blu-Ray player last week and it was OK but not what I would really listen to. CDRs I used in an old car changer sound worlds better on the Marantz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks