What's new

Harmony Smart vs. Harmony Ultimate (1 Viewer)

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
The USB port on my old 570 broke off the circuit board and I have a new cable box, so I am in the terrible situation of having 2 remotes :angry:

From what I can tell, the smart does everything I need although the recharable battery of the Ultimate is nice, but not worth the extra $220 and I don't need touch screen.

I do have a couple questions though.
1. the hub that is used to control "hidden" IR devices, does that use the little things you have to stick over the IR sensor on the device?
2. can the Smart control Philips Hue?
3. for the smart phone app, can different phones have different set ups? My wife and I would probably have differernt favorites etc.

Thanks

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Kevin, I can't answer your questions but if you check out the Harmony Ultimate Press Release thread that Ron started, you'll find a link to save $100 on the Ultimate.

stubek

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I did use that link and got my ultimate a few weeks ago.
Tried to use the harmony website tool that transfers your data from old remote to new remote, but only about half the functions/macros work. Been too busy with work to do anything about it, but I think it is going to be a good few hours sitting in front of the tv messing with it and just starting from scratch.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Well that sucks. Won't be the first conversion I've gone thru that has failed. I wouldn't wait to long to get it all right. You only have 90 days of FuRR phone and email support. After that, they want about $30 per incident.

stubek

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I would have done it sooner, but work is in the way and now I leave tomorrow on vacation, so has to wait till October 12.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
stubek said:
I would have done it sooner, but work is in the way and now I leave tomorrow on vacation, so has to wait till October 12.
Yeah, work has a habit of doing that. Got any pointers on setting this thing up? That is, if you're not already on vacation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks