What's new

3D Jaws III 3D anaglyph. (1 Viewer)

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I've been in touch with someone who claims he saw Jaws III 3D and Friday the 13th. III 3D as colour anaglyphs at the cinema with red/cyan glasses. Could he be right or is his memory playing tricks?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
StephenDH said:
I've been in touch with someone who claims he saw Jaws III 3D and Friday the 13th. III 3D as colour anaglyphs at the cinema with red/cyan glasses. Could he be right or is his memory playing tricks?
Memory playing tricks: I saw them both (reviewed them both for the newspaper syndicate I was working for at the time), and both used the polarized glasses. I may even still have the glasses somewhere in my office. I'll have to check.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I think you're right because I saw them via the Polaroid system too. There would be no need for an anaglyph version.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Keep in mind, he's in England and I've been told by others in England that they saw Spacehunter in anaglyph. That's not proof, of course, but maybe anaglyph versions of the 80's 3-D movies happened in Europe. I dunno.

GregK

Screenwriter
JAWS 3-D has had anaglyphic broadcasts in UK. FRIDAY III may have as well, and as we all know, was releases as anaglyph on DVD and bluray. That may be the source of some of the confusion.

StephenDH

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I remember seeing the horrible ColorCode TV showing of Friday 13th. III (along with Flesh for Frankenstein) but not Jaws III.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks