What's new

American Horror Story: Freakshow (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
So I usually wait for others to start these - apparently I'm branching out. :P

Can't wait for this to start up. According to this Michael Chiklis is being added to the cast. Coolness.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Found this show to be totally creepy and disturbing. Stopped watching early last season, but after the Emmys, I think I'll give it a try again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
AHS.jpg

That's a great looking photo.

John Carroll Lynch should be his usual level of creepiness.

And I guess that's the Patti LaBelle?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched the disturbing first season live. Reviewed the second season on Blu-ray though I didn't watch it during its broadcast, nor did I with Coven (which I hope to be reviewing), but I will be watching this live. The cast looks simply amazing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Starts tonight with a 90 minute opener. It looks like FX is letting AHS go the Sons Of Anarchy route where they don't make them cut to hit a running time so the episodes will run however many minutes they want (be it 64 or 71 or 83 minutes).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
TravisR said:
Starts tonight with a 90 minute opener. It looks like FX is letting AHS go the Sons Of Anarchy route where they don't make them cut to hit a running time so the episodes will run however many minutes they want (be it 64 or 71 or 83 minutes).
Don't most/all of the FX/AMC dramas do that?

Looking forward to this go-round. Loved season 1, lost interest in season 2, and had no interest in the subject matter of season 3, but this one looks intriguing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
Don't most/all of the FX/AMC dramas do that?
To the best of my recollection, FX would have a longer premiere and finale for AHS and occasionally they'd give them about 5 or so extra minutes but it looks like they're now just letting AHS run 10 or 20 minutes longer (which is what they do with Sons Of Anarchy). There probably hasn't been an episode of Sons Of Anarchy that has been under 70 minutes in years and most episodes have run 75 or 80 minutes.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Strain on FX has routinely been running from 62-70 minutes most of the season.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Found the opener to be much more intriguing than Coven. Some great set-ups...looking forward to this season, as long as it's a bit more based in reality (no aliens, PLEASE!).

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Is this available streaming anywhere? I watched the last three season via Amazon Instant but season 4 isn't showing up.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I really enjoyed it. The music in some scenes took me out of the story occasionally, but otherwise a top-notch effort. Lots of good potential. Coven is by far my least favorite season so far. This looks like it might tie Asylum as my favorite.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Vic_T said:
Is this available streaming anywhere? I watched the last three season via Amazon Instant but season 4 isn't showing up.
I streamed it through the FX website, but it re-directs you to the AHS site and you have to input your cable company info to get it. Nice thing: no commercials!

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Definitely a good start.

Looks like lobbster boy has his hands full - lol.

I tried to look up if they used real "disabled" people for some of the other freaks cast or CGI. The website only lists the main cast.

The CGI was great for the two headed woman.

I was wondering if the tiny indian girl was real, my wife thought that the tattooed flipper man was CGI but I'm guessing real.

The pinheads are real I think, I've seen them before.

And sorry for being non-pc but we are taking about a show called Freakshow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MarkMel said:
The pinheads are real I think, I've seen them before.
Wasn't she on Asylum? And I think she's not actually a pinhead but they shrunk her head with CG. I could be wrong but I think other than her and the known actors, everyone is a real life 'freak'.

I have a good eye for spotting CG and Sarah Paulson's second head was excellent. And it's a credit to her acting ability that I can almost instantly tell the difference between the two characters purely in how she is carrying herself.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Here are 4 interesting video interviews with the real-life special abilities actors: Jyoti Amge, the world's smallest woman, who plays "Ma Petit"; Rose Siggins, who plays "Legless Suzy"; Erika Ervin, who plays "Amazon Eve" and Mat Fraser, who plays "Paul, the Illustrated Seal." Fascinating.

There's also a picture of Naomi Grossman, who plays "Pepper the Pinhead," on the red carpet at the premiere without her character make-up. And, yes, she played the same character on Asylum.

http://www.toofab.com/2014/10/08/extra-ordinary-behind-american-horror-story-freak-show/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks