What's new

Opinions on Picoprojectors? (1 Viewer)

DanDanTheManMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel So
Hey everyone,

I'm in the market of buying a picoprojector and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on them. To give a little background of myself, I am a huge movie buff who also loves to watch TV dramas on the side as well. My friends also share the same passion for movies as well and every weekend, my and my buddies always gather together at my place to watch a couple of movies. We've always used my 52" TV to watch movies, but we've been thinking of investing in a projector so that we can emulate a movie theater atmosphere. A regular projector is simply way too expensive for us; however, we discovered these things called picoprojectors. It seems like these picoprojectors work just as well as regular projectors, but are much cheaper and portable!

I was shopping around when I discovered this projector called the AAXA LED Android. If I'm not mistaken, this unit comes with an Android OS embedded, so theoretically I should be able to use NetFlix and Hulu directly on this projector. This would be very convenient because my laptop charger is not as long as I want it to be. We already have our speakers ready and are just looking to buy a projector. Right now me and my buddies are leaning towards the AAXA LED Android projector, but if anyone else has some alternate suggestions then I will be glad to hear! We're very open to feedback!

DanDanTheManMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel So
I just tried out my friend's Optoma ML500 projector and it works like a beauty! I was definitely impressed with the picture quality and brightness! The only problem is that it belongs to my friend who is going back to San Francisco next week. I offered to hold on to it for him but he was like no thanks

ben50

Auditioning
Real Name
Ruben Rodriguez
The AAXA LED android projector looks similar in performance to the Optoma ml500. Never saw the AAXA, but i have seen the Optoma in action. Although it can't compete with a full size projector's brightness, In a dark room and a smaller screen size (60 inches, 80 inches tops) the Optoma is capable of producing an excellent picture with good color saturation and very good contrast. I don't consider it worthy of a full home theater setup, but in certain situations, it should do a great job. I certainly wouldn't call it a Toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks