What's new

More SFM owned shows coming to BOD! (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
After Real McCoys, plans are in the works for many of the other properties SFM controls. Wyatt Earp, Joey Bishop Show (including the first season!), Make Room For Daddy (except seasons 1-3 of course). Maybe down the road even some of the lesser know shows they license, like The Californians. Hopefully this all comes to fruition but that's what they are planning to do.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
If it really comes to pass, it would be nice, but Wyatt Earp stalled out after season 2 and SFM had already promised they would release this entire series. I guess late is better than never.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I really hope they follow through with Make Room for Daddy.

I imagine the chances are slim at best since we're talking 8 seasons and over 250 half hour episodes, but any chance of a complete set (Minus the first three seasons) to start out with and then proceed with season releases over time?

If not, I'm not too optimistic that they'd follow through with 8 seasons over the course of several years. I hope they would, but fans have a way of putting things on a back burner and those declining numbers from season to season are a killer.

A big set not only captures the dedicated fan, but a fair number of those that might otherwise end up neglecting to buy season releases in a timely manner after the first few appear.

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
Neil Brock said:
After Real McCoys, plans are in the works for many of the other properties SFM controls. Wyatt Earp, Joey Bishop Show (including the first season!), Make Room For Daddy (except seasons 1-3 of course). Maybe down the road even some of the lesser know shows they license, like The Californians. Hopefully this all comes to fruition but that's what they are planning to do.
Im in for The Joey Bishop Show!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
rumors about all these older shows keep coming out !!

gosh, what a huge surprise !!

i thought they would just sit in vaults forever, gathering dust !!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
A ZIV Series, West Point was released a few months ago. Please tell me it's "Sister Series", Annapolis is owned by them and they intended to release it. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Other than "Baretta" (which will never be finished thanks to the Universal fire), "The Joey Bishop Show" is the longest stalled title on DVD. And even the season that came out had the annoying feature where you only got the opening credits when you loaded the disc and they were missing from all other episodes.I will gladly pick that title up if it comes out. That and "Ghost And Mrs. Muir" are the last two 60s sitcom titles on my want list.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi jack,

Jack P said:
Other than "Baretta" (which will never be finished thanks to the Universal fire)
hi jack,

is the original film destroyed ?

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
jimmyjet said:
hi jack,

hi jack,

is the original film destroyed ?
Universal said that they didn't lose original elements, just a lot of transfers. I think the thought is that if Universal would have to do new transfers to release something on DVD (especially an old tv title without a huge demand), Universal won't do it, and it will never be released.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Lots of great shows mentioned here. I'm in for a number of them . Where will we be able to get these - does SFM have a Web Site? I wonder if SFM will follow Warner Archives model, and press up replicated discs for the initial run then switch to MOD ? I think that WA found that this is the most efficient way to release popular titles especially TV shows.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That would be nice but see above they are not available to SFM. The Danny Thomas estate is not allowed to release them due to his wishes and will. Money will have no influence on that and the money to be made on this show is not that high to begin with.
jimmyjet said:
1-11 !!!!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Inception Media released the 1st two seasons of Wyatt Earp when I asked them over a year ago about the series continuing they informed me that they planned to start a MOD/BOD program to continue releasing future seasons but nothing ever happened so I wonder if they switched back to SFM and this is still part of that original plan. I would definitely like to get Season 3 and above.
LouA said:
Lots of great shows mentioned here. I'm in for a number of them . Where will we be able to get these - does SFM have a Web Site? I wonder if SFM will follow Warner Archives model, and press up replicated discs for the initial run then switch to MOD ? I think that WA found that this is the most efficient way to release popular titles especially TV shows.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
That would be nice but see above they are not available to SFM. The Danny Thomas estate is not allowed to release them due to his wishes and will. Money will have no influence on that and the money to be made on this show is not that high to begin with.
And I'll reiterate---that is the ultimate definition of LAME.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
How do we know that's true? It sure gets repeated a lot online when that topic comes up as if it's a certainty, but what's the source that it actually originated from?

Reaching for straws I suppose, but unless I see something that's indisputable, I'm hoping it's only a rumor that has seen a lot of mileage. They're not always accurate in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks