– Cast a Giant Shadow – 1966

– The Normal Heart – 2014 

– High School Confidential – 1958

–Belle – 2013

– What's New Pussycat – 1965

– Blended – 2014

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
75 Years of WWII   $12.73
Aftermath   $12.48
Age of Uprising: The Legend of Michael Kohlhaas   $29.95
Blended   $17.99 $17.99 $14.99
Blood Glacier   $19.99
Cast a Giant Shadow   $10.99
Cat Run 2   $17.98
Criminal Minds: The Ninth Season   $39.96 $24.99
Elementary: The Second Season   $39.99 $24.99
Elephant Man, The [1982]   $13.99
The Equalizer: The Second Season   $29.99
Fear in the Night   $11.98
Friendly Fire   $13.99
Golden Age of Television, The  [Criterion Collection] $44.99
Haven: Season 4 $33.98
High School Confidential [1958]   $22.46
It Was You Charlie   $27.98
I’ve Always Loved You [1946]   $22.46
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return   $14.96 $13.00
Masterpiece: Breathless   $32.98
The Musketeers $27.99 $17.99
The Normal Heart   $14.39
Now and Again: The DVD Collection   $37.98
On the Beach   $17.98
Portlandia: Season 4   $17.98
A Promise   $22.98
Revenge: The Complete Third Season   $32.99 $32.99 $29.99
Sanctuary: Quite a Conundrum   $14.93
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six   $34.99 $24.99 $24.99
The Stream   $13.44
Stress Position   $19.95
Trust Me   $22.98
The Twilight Zone: The Complete '80s Series   $49.98
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season   $24.99 $24.99 $24.99
Welcome Back, Kotter: The Complete Series   $82.29
What's New Pussycat?   $10.99
Young and Beautiful   $22.28

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Aftermath   $13.48
Age of Uprising: The Legend of Michael Kohlhaas   $34.95
All That Jazz [Criterion Collection, Dual Format]   $35.96
Belle   $23.79 $19.99
Blended [Combo Pack]   $22.99 $22.99 $22.99
Cast a Giant Shadow   $17.49
Cat Run 2   $21.23
Haven: Season 4 $42.48
High School Confidential [1958]   $27.98
I’ve Always Loved You [1946]   $27.98
The Legend of Hell House   $15.89
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return   $19.96 $15.00
Masterpiece: Breathless   $37.98
The Musketeers $33.98 $22.99
The Normal Heart   $21.24
On the Beach   $17.49
Possession of Michael King, The    $27.89
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six   $39.99 $29.99 $29.99
Vengeance is Mine [Criterion Collection, Dual Format]   $30.38
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season   $29.99 $29.99 $29.99
Walking Dead, The  [Limited Edition Blu-ray]   $84.96 $79.99
What’s New Pussycat?   $17.49

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--At Best Buy, this week, EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION LENTICULAR PACKAGING with the Blu-ray copies of The Walking Dead: Season 4.. 

--Best Buy also has EXCLUSIVE DVD AND BLU RELEASES of Sons of Anarchy: Season 6.  Includes six full issues of the Sons of Anarchy Digital Comic Book.  .

--The following recent releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

The Amazing Spider-Man 2:  $17.99 DVD/$22.99 Blu/$27.99 3-D Blu.

The Other Woman:  $9.99 DVD/$12.99 Blu.

Oculus:  $14.99 DVD/$$17.99 Blu.

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug:  $11.99 DVD.

--Best Buy continues it's deal in which you can save 15% when you purchase two (or 25% when you purchase three!) TV titles $14.99 and up.  Offer will remain valid through 9-27-14.  Excludes Clearance & More and Marketplace items, special order, clearance, demo and open-box items.  Selections may vary by store.  Online offer may vary.  Learn more at www.BestBuy.com/FallTVShows. Titles include the TV shows in this week's Best Buy flyer (see grid above) and these other titles shown:

$14.99:  The Walking Dead: Season 1 DVD, Criminal Minds: Season 8 DVD.

$16.99:  Revenge: Seasons 1 - 2 DVD (apiece).

$19.99:  Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1 - 5 DVD (apiece), The Walking Dead: Season 1 Blu.

$24.99:  Elementary: Season 1 DVD

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--You might be looking ahead to next week wondering what can I do that's different?!?  Well, if you have a Target available near you...here's the answer.  You can go to your local Target store and purchase their EXCLUSIVE DVD release called Max & Ruby: Sweet Siblings! for just $8.99.  Don't miss this opportunity for a once in a lifetime experience.

--Target is also advertising EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with their Blu copies of The Walking Dead: Season 4.  . 

--Target has the following recent releases on sale this week (all DVD unless otherwise specified):

$14.99:  Rio 2.
$16.99:  Divergent, Noah.
$24.99:  The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu CP).  Save $10 instantly when you buy BOTH The Amazing Spider-Man 2 AND Spider-Man Triple Action electronic figure (on sale for $15).

$29.99:  Once Upon a Time: Season 3

$34.99:  Boardwalk Empire: Season 4

--Target has a deal to get $5 in Fandango Movie Cash to see Gone Girl when you buy the Gone Girl paperback for $12.

--Target Odds and Ends: A list of $4.75 DVDs. .

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
I always love reading your snarky comments on Target's weekly bizarre exclusives. Actually, Max & Ruby is a half way decent kiddie show for the five-and-under crowd. If my son were still at that age, I'd be clammoring for that once in a lifetime offer!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Only The Normal Heart this week. Cancelled the Amazon preorder to go with the BB price of $17.99 right now. If the price at Amazon changes, I'll order on Tuesday. It's not like I'll get to watch it before the weekend anyway.

I've been waiting for this one to come out for a while.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I put up the review for Vengeance Is Mine late last evening, and I hope to have All That Jazz up later today. I'm also working on Elementary in the "off hours" between movie reviews. Also slated to review Belle, Legends of Oz, The Normal Heart, and Sons of Anarchy, but none of those have arrived as yet.

The Golden Age of Television was a Criterion DVD set released a couple of years ago and which I reviewed, but the last time I did a search for the review, I couldn't find it. I might need to repost that one if I can't locate it.

Thanks, Mike!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I think the Target "jabs" started with free Market Pantry bottled water MANY years ago...but I can't remember what the DVD was that it promoted! A great running gag, like Stupid Pet Tricks or Dave's Top Ten!

:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff Cooper said:
Wait, Scarlet Johanssen is in High School Confidential? She really is a timeless beauty!
Grrrrr. [Mike scurries off to fix his mistake...]
Grady Reid said:
I always love reading your snarky comments on Target's weekly bizarre exclusives. Actually, Max & Ruby is a half way decent kiddie show for the five-and-under crowd. If my son were still at that age, I'd be clammoring for that once in a lifetime offer!
I've got a grand-daughter on the way to me (somewhere on or about October 5th). I may become very familiar with Max & Ruby then, I guess. :biggrin:
EricSchulz said:
I think the Target "jabs" started with free Market Pantry bottled water MANY years ago...but I can't remember what the DVD was that it promoted! A great running gag, like Stupid Pet Tricks or Dave's Top Ten!

:D
Ah yes. The CLASSIC Market Pantry bottled water tie-in. Fore the life of me, I can't remember what the release was either. I'm sure, though, it wouldn't make any more sense all these years later! :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I put up the review for Vengeance Is Mine late last evening, and I hope to have All That Jazz up later today. I'm also working on Elementary in the "off hours" between movie reviews. Also slated to review Belle, Legends of Oz, The Normal Heart, and Sons of Anarchy, but none of those have arrived as yet.

The Golden Age of Television was a Criterion DVD set released a couple of years ago and which I reviewed, but the last time I did a search for the review, I couldn't find it. I might need to repost that one if I can't locate it.

Thanks, Mike!
I have added links to Matt's review of Vengeance is Mine AND to Brendan's review of Walking Dead: S4.

And I have fixed the error of my ways. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Mike Frezon said:
Ah yes. The CLASSIC Market Pantry bottled water tie-in. Fore the life of me, I can't remember what the release was either. I'm sure, though, it wouldn't make any more sense all these years later! :laugh:

:biggrin:
As I recall, it was for the 2006 Platinum Edition DVD release of The Little Mermaid.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hollywoodaholic said:
Already ordered All That Jazz without even waiting for next BN Criterion sale, that's how jazzed I was.
It will interesting to see what Best Buy's price for this will be on Tuesday. Their "Up to 50% Off Criterion" sale appears to still be in force and I'm wondering whether the discount will apply once the 2 Tuesday releases are official.

There is supposed to be a BN B2G1 Criterion sale starting on Tuesday as well as some new discount coupons later in the week. It's
been unpredictable how the coupons apply online during B2G1, but if a few of the regular Criterions remain at $29 and 15/20% item coupon is applicable, then the online deal might be worth looking at.

Unfortunately the instore prices don't usually reflect the web prices so it might not be very useful even with the 10% member discount and coupons. During the last B2G1 sale, any attempt at using a coupon on a discounted item automatically defaulted the price to standard MSRP making it more expensive with coupon than without.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I don't want to hurt HTFs income, but I notice that several of the Criterion disks are cheaper at the criterion web site than at Amazon or BB.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just be careful since the Criterion website charges shipping for anything under $50. If you ship to store on BB.com (or have a $35+ Amazon order), you should have free shipping.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
sidburyjr said:
I don't want to hurt HTFs income, but I notice that several of the Criterion disks are cheaper at the criterion web site than at Amazon or BB.
For the life of me I couldn't find a released Bluray title that was cheaper at Criterion.com than the current BBY sale. I haven't looked at the
DVDs much so maybe so of those though none of the Eclipse sets I have in my Wish List were cheaper other than Oshima's Outlaw Sixties set that for some reason is the only set not on sale at BBY? Of course the hoped for September Criterion 50% Flash sale is still pending

Since Amazon pretty much never does anything other than sort of Price Match a few selected items I'm not expecting to find anything
much there either to beat BBY's current sales price.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
David Norman said:
For the life of me I couldn't find a released Bluray title that was cheaper at Criterion.com than the current BBY sale. I haven't looked at the
DVDs much so maybe so of those though none of the Eclipse sets I have in my Wish List were cheaper other than Oshima's Outlaw Sixties set that for some reason is the only set not on sale at BBY? Of course the hoped for September Criterion 50% Flash sale is still pending

Since Amazon pretty much never does anything other than sort of Price Match a few selected items I'm not expecting to find anything
much there either to beat BBY's current sales price.
All That Jazz -- 31,96 vs 35.96
Golden Age of TV 39.96 vs 44.99 (DVD only so this may not count to your point)

HTH
The point about free shipping (and sales tax in some areas) probably nullifies my comments. I'll wait on these two until some 50% off sale at BN or Criterion.

Dick

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Jason_V said:
Just be careful since the Criterion website charges shipping for anything under $50. If you ship to store on BB.com (or have a $35+ Amazon order), you should have free shipping.
Good Point. I have prime so all amazon is "free" shipping and until my year expires, I get free shipping from BB to my house since I bought a Viera ST-60 last year. And there's tax to consider for Amazon for some of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks