Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Daniel Boone: The Complete Series

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 of 36 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,263 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 06:19 PM

If the rumor concerning Death Valley Days doesn't pan out (This could have been the show mentioned in the thread that somebody posted that DV Days was going to be released later this year), This will certainly be on my "Santa List" this December. :biggrin:

• Gary OS likes this

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#22 of 36 OFFLINE   bretmaverick2

bretmaverick2

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 09:12 PM

I may pick this up.  Unsure at this point.   I have really fond memories of watching this show in syndication as a kid and really liking it.   Then I saw a few episodes on MeTV a while back and didn't really find it all that interesting.  

SIDENOTE:   Anyone remember the short lived CBS series years ago "Young Dan'l Boone"  ??

#23 of 36 OFFLINE   HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter

• 1,301 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 10:37 PM

The real big out of the blue news here is the 20th Century Fox TV Archives MOD label, fans see the enormous possibilities this will mean combinded with their vast archive of classic shows. No doubt there'll be threads on HTF soon, specifically for wishes for this new Fox label I'll just be holding myself back using Daniel Boone for it now as difficult as it is... 

#24 of 36 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 06:54 AM

According to the TVshowsondvd.com's news item, these will be MOD (manufactured on demand) from Fox's new MOD program. Not sure if they will initially be pressed discs like some of Warner Archives titles or DVRs.

Can't wait to see what else Fox will bring out of the TV vaults. Peyton Place?

So far, Amazon does not have a DVD-R notice on their listing, which they typically do with DVD-R releases.  As the press release says nothing about that, we can hope that it's pressed.  At least for now.

#25 of 36 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 616 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 10:11 AM

The press release mentions limited quantities.  Maybe the FOX Archives TV model will be a limited pressed, first come, first served, release, with no DVD-Rs later.

The number of Discs listed at Amazon is 36.  It was 45 discs total on the original release, for the 165 episodes, plus extras. The low price $17 to $20 per season seems to be too low for DVD-Rs. Unless this FOX TV Archive is going for budget pricing to compete with the Warner Archives.

#26 of 36 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 01:20 PM

I found this interesting link on the danielboonetv.com website: https://goavmod.com/boone/

Apparently a company called Allied Vaughn is doing the manufacturing on demand for this set; their home website is: http://www.alliedvaughn.com/

danielboonetv.com is a great website run by some very passionate Daniel Boone fans: http://danielboonetv.com/

My guess is that this release will be on DVD-R rather than pressed discs.

Darby

#27 of 36 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 1,998 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 01:50 PM

I found this interesting link on the danielboonetv.com website: https://goavmod.com/boone/

Apparently a company called Allied Vaughn is doing the manufacturing on demand for this set; their home website is: http://www.alliedvaughn.com/

danielboonetv.com is a great website run by some very passionate Daniel Boone fans: http://danielboonetv.com/

My guess is that this release will be on DVD-R rather than pressed discs.

Darby

That Allied Vaughn also offers traditional replication (http://www.alliedvau...vd-duplication/).  Some of the links you pointed to state, "limited time," but don't explain more.  My guess is that, initially, these will be pressed.

#28 of 36 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 02:53 PM

The plot thickens as Oldies.com's listing for the item lists it as DVD-R: http://www.oldies.co...CFbRzMgodDy4A8A

Also, if you look at the attached image of the boxcover art in full size, in the lower left corner right under where it says "DVD Video Disc," it is very hard to read but it looks like it says "DVD-R."

91RzGenpM+L._SL1500_.jpg

Of course, this is all speculative; we'll have to wait for final confirmation from TCFHE.

Darby

#29 of 36 OFFLINE   galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted August 23 2014 - 03:43 AM

My experience is that Allied Vaughn together with Warner Archive for some time now does manufacture

initial quantities of multiple disc DVD Sets as traditionally factory-pressed (replicated) discs.

I guess that Allied Vaughn together with TCFHE will do the same:

initial quantities of the DANIEL BOONE Complete Series - as it is a multple disc DVD Set - will be traditionally manufactured (replicated).

After the initial quantities are sold out they may switch to DVD-R MOD (duplicated) format - if there is still demand.

Just my logical guess ...

Regards, Klaus.

#30 of 36 OFFLINE   Mike*HTF

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts

Posted August 24 2014 - 03:11 AM

You're right. It reads:

DVD video disc

DVD-R Edition

Also, if you look at the attached image of the boxcover art in full size, in the lower left corner right under where it says "DVD Video Disc," it is very hard to read but it looks like it says "DVD-R."

• Darby67 likes this

#31 of 36 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 07:44 AM

Some of the early reviews on Amazon are claiming that this release is on DVD-R rather than pressed discs and also have no extras.  On the plus side, they are reporting that the episodes are in the proper chronological broadcast order.  Whether or not the episodes have been remastered is still unclear.

Darby

#32 of 36 OFFLINE   galipolis

galipolis

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted October 02 2014 - 08:47 AM

Hello,

I bought DANIEL BOONE Complete Series DVD Box Set and received it today.

I checked the DVD discs immediately and have good news to tell:

The DVD Set contains factory-PRESSED DVDs - no burned DVD-R at all !

So my guess as posted in #29 was indeed correct:

Although there is a small disclaimer "DVD-R Edition" on the spine of the cardboard box

TCFHE has initial quantities of the DANIEL BOONE Complete Series - as it is a multple disc DVD Set - traditionally manufactured (replicated).

After the initial quantities are sold out they may switch to DVD-R MOD (duplicated) format - if there is still demand.

So for the moment you can order savely as it is the factory-PRESSED DVD version.

But nobody knows if TCFHE will switch to burned DVD-R (duplicated) format when the initial quantities

are sold out - or will keep the factory-PRESSED DVD version in print ...

#33 of 36 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,571 posts

Posted October 02 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hello,

How about Season One?  Are the episodes remastered like all the other seasons are?  Or are they the same so-so quality as they were when the seasons were released one by one?

Gary "thanks for the news and information" O.

• moviebuff75 likes this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#34 of 36 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 313 posts

Posted October 02 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hello,

The DVD Set contains factory-PRESSED DVDs - no burned DVD-R at all !

So my guess as posted in #29 was indeed correct:

Although there is a small disclaimer "DVD-R Edition" on the spine of the cardboard box

TCFHE has initial quantities of the DANIEL BOONE Complete Series - as it is a multple disc DVD Set - traditionally manufactured (replicated).

So for the moment you can order savely as it is the factory-PRESSED DVD version.

But nobody knows if TCFHE will switch to burned DVD-R (duplicated) format when the initial quantities

are sold out - or will keep the factory-PRESSED DVD version in print ...

Thanks for the update, galipolis.  I'm glad to hear that it is being released on pressed discs (at least for the time being) for those who did not purchase the Liberation season releases.  I bought the Liberation season releases as they came out, so I won't be buying this release (although it is tempting to have a back-up set).

All in all, Daniel Boone is a fantastic show and great family entertainment and I am thrilled to see it back on the market again.

Darby

• Randy Korstick and Ron1973 like this

#35 of 36 OFFLINE   oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted October 06 2014 - 11:17 AM

I do not plan on buying the complete series collection, for I'm happy with those OOP sets from Liberation, as a matter of fact, I'm about halfway through the S2 set, and there are plenty of bonus features to boot!

#36 of 36 OFFLINE   EdG

EdG

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 05:56 PM

I sent my complete series back for a new one after it arrived with several of the cases broken to pieces and the top of the box ripped up while still in the plastic.  My second set arrived in one piece a week later so I went to the library and picked up the Season 2 Liberation set to compare. They looked exactly the same on to me on both sets.  I was a little worried that 5 episodes had been squeezed onto the new discs instead of 4 but to me there didn't seem to be any difference at all.  I think I read somewhere that the episode My Brother's Keeper on Season 1 was edited on the old set but on the new set the running time was about 51 minutes.  

How about Season One?  Are the episodes remastered like all the other seasons are?  Or are they the same so-so quality as they were when the seasons were released one by one?

Gary I haven't got to watch them yet but spot checking some of the discs there seems to be dirt specs, vertical lines and such. If that is what they were like on the old sets then I would say they were the same as before.  Some of those season 1 episodes are on youtube posted before the complete set was released and comparing them there is no difference in the quality.

• BobO'Link likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users