Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Daniel Boone: The Complete Series

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,768 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:08 AM

TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT TV ARCHIVES PRESENTS THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF A SMALL SCREEN CLASSIC

DB-Slipcase_3D_new.jpg

Featuring All 165 Episodes Available for the First Time Ever in One Collection Arrives on DVD September 23

“Daniel Boone” The Complete Series
Saddle up and head for the western wilderness, where America’s favorite frontier hero, Daniel Boone (Fess Parker), leaps from the pages of history in this iconic TV classic! Whether he’s surveying, clearing land, or helping negotiate a peace accord between Native and settler, Boone is the perfect embodiment of the pioneer spirit. In celebration of the 50th anniversary of this beloved family series, here are all 165 episodes from the entire six seasons!

“Daniel Boone” The Complete Series DVD
Street Date: September 23, 2014
Prebook Date: August 20, 2014
Screen Format: 4:3 (1.33:1)
Audio: 2.0 Dolby Digital
Total Run Time: 8250 minutes
U.S. Rating: N/A

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,648 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:22 AM

POPULAR

Glad to see this back in Print. I have the first three seasons but never picked up the final 3. Hopefully theres a good price on this set and hopefully they re-mastered Season 1.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,609 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:28 AM

Glad to see this back in Print. I have the first three seasons but never picked up the final 3. Hopefully theres a good price on this set and hopefully they re-mastered Season 1.

I bolded the part I'm really interested in.  My guess is no, but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Gary "the first season was the best, imho" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 356 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:56 AM

Glad to see this back in print too!  I bought all six seasons as they were individually released, but I'm happy to see them available for people that missed them the first time they were out.  I, too, would love to season 1 remastered but I'm guessing this is just a repackaging of the individual seasons put out by Liberation Entertainment between 2006 and 2008.

Darby

#5 of 38 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,599 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:03 AM

I never got around to collecting this one in individual seasons, but will probably pick this one up as a complete set.  Is "Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment TV Archives" a new label that indicates more classics forthcoming?

#6 of 38 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,097 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:04 AM

What is Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment TV Archives?  Has anything been released on that label before?  Is there more to come?

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   Darby67

Darby67

Second Unit

• 356 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:16 AM

Some of the seasons released by Liberation Entertainment had defective discs (freezing, skipping, incomplete episodes, etc.) but to Liberation Entertainment's credit they implemented a timely and very customer-friendly disc replacement program each time those issues arose.  The only exception was that t[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]he early pressings of Season 1 where there are 4 slipcases each with two dvds and all 4 slipcases go into a cardboard case have the complete episode Lac Duquesne on Disc 4. Later pressings come in a book case with all 8 dvds  and that version has a shortened 38-minute Lac Duquesne episode on Disc 4 and Liberation did not offer a replacement disc for those later pressings.[/color]

Hopefully, this complete series release will have all of the corrected discs.

Darby 

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,097 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 07:18 AM

Some of the seasons released by Liberation Entertainment had defective discs (freezing, skipping, incomplete episodes, etc.) but to Liberation Entertainment's credit they implemented a timely and very customer-friendly disc replacement program each time those issues arose.  Hopefully, this complete series release will have all of the corrected discs.

Darby 

Given who it's from, I expect it will.  Also, it was my understanding that there was at least one incomplete show that was never corrected.  Is that wrong?

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 09:12 AM

POPULAR

I have the second pressing Season 1 set with the episode "Lac Duquesne" that just stops and does not have the ending. I don't see myself rebuying Daniel Boone, even just a separate Season 1 release, just to get 10 missing minutes.I did enjoy Daniel Boone very much on DVD and it was better than I remembered. I liked how the show had a kind of floating continuity. Sometimes the stories were set pre-Revolutionary War, sometimes during the war, and sometimes after, jumping back and forth in time without explanation.The original Liberation release had "enhancements" done do the show by the restoration team, such as beefing up some explosions visually and with bigger sound effects. But the oddest enhancement shown on one of the numerous extras on the original DVD sets was the adding of geographically correct birds noises for the eastern frontier, to the soundtrack.Will this release be using those restorations?If this Fox TV Archives is a new complete TV series label, I vote for CUSTER, LANCER, and COMPLETE BURKE'S LAW, (including AMOS BURKE, SECRET AGENT).

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   Ron1973

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSE Missouri

Posted August 20 2014 - 10:43 AM

I bolded the part I'm really interested in.  My guess is no, but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Gary "the first season was the best, imho" O.

And I'm the opposite.....lol!!! I thought it picked up steam from the 2nd season until Ed Ames left. Maybe it goes back to the b&w season not being syndicated here (just the color years) on local TV. I finally caught the b&w season when World Harvest TV ran the episodes a few years back. I've been kicking myself for ages for not recording those on DVD-R's as the episodes were seemingly uncut.

Find me on Facebook

My blog

Jethro, how come there's no ice in Californy? ~ Uncle Jed

Don't look at me, I didn't take it! ~ Jethro

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   phenri

phenri

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm extremely excited about this. By the time I had any interest in buying this show, the individual seasons were out of print and selling for hundreds of dollars. I was watching an episode just this morning hoping that it would be re-released on DVD someday.

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 20 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'd like to pick up a copy of S1 because I have the Liberation Entertainment release with the partial episode.  I also drug my feet over S6 waiting on a "deal" like I got on S1-S5 only to have it go OOP and skyrocket in price!  I need a copy of that, too.  I don't know how willing I'd be to purchase the whose series again - that would really depend on the price.  BUT if they replace those *highly* annoying menus on the Liberation release I might be up for it regardless...

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 630 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 06:15 PM

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]I only need S1 to replace the short [color=rgb(0,0,0);]Lac Duquesne episode. A nice HD remastering would really be nice. With Fox, I'm not going to hold my breath. I think Liberation did all the remastering on S2-6.[/color][/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]When I contacted Liberation about the short Lac Duquesne episode, (which I purchased in a S1-5 set) they replied[/color] that they didn't have a replacement disc for that set, but they sent me an entire S6 set for no charge as a courtesy.[/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]I have always thought that was quite a nice gesture on their part.[/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment Archives  - is this a new line? How about, "The Life of Riley" with William Bendix as the next release? (Still not holding my breath).  :)[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"] [/font][/font]

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   Brian McP

Brian McP

Second Unit

• 444 posts

Posted August 20 2014 - 11:42 PM

I too only got the first three seasons before they all went out of print -- great news and a pretty good show for its time -- as it is the 50th anniversary, could a new interview with Ed Ames and Darby Hinton be included as an extra?

Can never forget Darby opposite Sybil Danning in "Malibu Express" in the mid 80s and think it was the same kid in "Daniel Boone" -- a great show from many peoples' childhood, glad that the studios are bringing out more of these complete series sets than ever -- I think it is the way to go from now on.

#15 of 38 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,334 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 10:57 AM

What is this release going to cost? :wacko:

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 39,872 :biggrin: ( 839 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,429   :B)  Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,768 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 10:59 AM

[color= rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: 'Merriweather Sans', sans-serif; line-height: 22.3999996185303px; background-color: rgb(242, 242, 242);]What is this release going to cost? [/color] :wacko:

Why, Sir, your question is answered....

Now Available for Preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#17 of 38 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 21 2014 - 12:27 PM

Wow!  What a *reasonable* price!  I went for one just in case!  Oh... it's *not* a Blu-ray but a DVD. 

If it fixes the episode "[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]Lac Duquesne" and having S6, which I'm missing, it could well be worth it.[/color][/font]

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 639 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 03:37 PM

According to the TVshowsondvd.com's news item, these will be MOD (manufactured on demand) from Fox's new MOD program. Not sure if they will initially be pressed discs like some of Warner Archives titles or DVRs.

Can't wait to see what else Fox will bring out of the TV vaults. Peyton Place?

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,435 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 04:10 PM

Well if Fox is starting a program of their own then that could give us hope for stalled titles like "Room 222" and "Burke's Law" as well as a lot of unreleased fare. Maybe working with Warner to resolve the "Batman" situation got them to look carefully at how Warner has been benefiting from releasing a lot of stuff in the Archive program.I have all of "Boone" including a good S1 and the rare S6 so I won't be getting this, but I do take it as a positive sign (in contrast to Timeless's pointless reissue of "I Spy").

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,772 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted August 21 2014 - 04:24 PM

Well... discovering this is a MOD release greatly tempers my enthusiasm.  The TVonDVD sets I own from Fox have higher playability issues with *pressed* discs than almost any other studio (except for Universal) - I certainly don't trust them with consistently playable MODs.  I'll keep my order open for now but anticipate cancelling it unless initial copies are pressed as done by Warners MOD program.  If not and if they release S6 separately I *might* be interested in that single season but for now hope this release will drive down prices on the Liberation pressed copies of S6.  At least I'd not started the process of selling off my still sealed copies of S3-S5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users