What's new

Motown 25: Yesterday, Today and Forever is coming to DVD (1 Viewer)

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
MatthewA said:
StarVista is handling the release, according to TVShowsonDVD.com who heard it through the grapevine :P. I wonder if they'll finally show the full Supremes performance.
I doubt we'll get to see Diana shoving Mary out of the way as it was described in those dishy Supremes books by Mary Wilson and Tony Turner, but I guess time will tell.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
It very doubtful that we will see Diana shove Mary but we might get Mary's speech mentioning Florence Ballard and Paul Williams.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
My guess is that it will be an exact copy of the version that aired on TV. Except, you know, without any actual music.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
David Rain said:
My guess is that it will be an exact copy of the version that aired on TV. Except, you know, without any actual music.
I don't think it's going to be that bad.

Wasn't the MGM/UA Home Video version actually longer than the broadcast version?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
MatthewA said:
I don't think it's going to be that bad.

Wasn't the MGM/UA Home Video version actually longer than the broadcast version?
Yes, it had a few more additional performances. I don't recall which ones except the Jackson 5's performance of Never Can Say Goodbye. Other than that, I don't know what else was included that wasn't on the original broadcast.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I've been to Hitsville and somehow haven't heard about this. Damn, I'm bad. I'll have to check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks