Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

September/October Classic Movie Series (Regal/Cinemark etc)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 of 25 OFFLINE   ScottHM

ScottHM

Second Unit

• 322 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 28 2014 - 04:59 PM

Were there many people at the screening?

My wife and I watched GWTW this afternoon and I'd estimate there were about 150 people in the audience.  The intermission was more than adequate as long as you don't mind missing a bit of the music.

---------------

#22 of 25 ONLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,149 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 28 2014 - 05:29 PM

I think the GWTW screeners are being advertised on Facebook, Turner Classic Movies and they have Fathom Events backing them. 

I came down with a damn cold so I was unable to attend either screening today.  I'm supposed to go see Pearl Jam on Wednesday so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Grrrr....

#23 of 25 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,691 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 07:34 PM

I came down with a damn cold so I was unable to attend either screening today. I'm supposed to go see Pearl Jam on Wednesday so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Grrrr....

Hopefully you'll be over the cold! I hate being sick at events I've been waiting for and looking forward to.

#24 of 25 ONLINE   Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott

Lead Actor

• 7,149 posts
  • LocationKY

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'm hoping so but it's not looking too good.  I'm still coughing at least once every couple minutes.  I think I could stomach the 4+ hours in a theater but I really don't want my coughing ruining the experience for others who might be in there.  So, unless I'm good, I'll just have to pass this up and hope that it gets shown again.  If crowd reports are correct, it seems like I'll eventually get another chance. 

#25 of 25 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 30 2014 - 01:47 PM

About 14 or 15 years ago I saw GWTW on a large theatre screen in Sydney, complete with a real organist playing overture and intermission.  The theatre was sadly almost empty, so despite having to book tickets, we wound up sitting in the dress circle where the view was sensational.  It was a magic experience to see this film the way I imagine it played back in '39.

http://cinematreasur...g/theaters/1284

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users