– The Amazing Spider-Man 2 – 2014

– The Vagabond – 1916

– Jarhead 2:  Field of Fire – 2014 

– Magnificent Doll – 1946

– Y Tu Mama Tambien – 2001

– The Quiet Ones – 2014

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Ace Wonder   $18.89
The Amazing Spider-Man 2   $17.96 $14.99 $16.99
The Auction   $22.98
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Fourth Season $34.96 $34.99 $34.99
Fading Gigolo   $14.99 $9.99
Girl in a Swing, The   $10.99
Good Man, A   $22.93
The Good Wife: The Fifth Season   $39.96 $24.99 $27.99
Grigris   $22.46
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire   $19.99 $17.99 $9.99
Magnificent Doll [1946]   $22.46
The Millers: The First Season   $42.48 $24.99 $27.99
The Mindy Project: Season Two   $22.99
NCIS: The Eleventh Season   $59.48 $29.99 $27.99
NCIS: Los Angeles – The Fifth Season   $39.99 $24.99
Neverlake   $16.99
Newhart: The Complete 4th Season $18.99
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season   $34.96 $32.99 $29.99
Only Lovers Left Alive   $23.79
Parenthood: Season 5   $30.19
Parks and Recreation: Season Six   $24.99 $24.99
The Quiet Ones   $12.99 $9.99
Revolution: The Complete Second Season   $34.99 $36.99 $34.99
Rosemary's Baby [2014]   $15.68
Sacrament, The   $15.98
Secrets of the Dead: The Mona Lisa Mystery   $22.98
Sorceress   $13.99
That’s My Man [1947]   $22.46
Three's Company: The Complete Series [1977-1984]   $121.48
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! [Criterion Collection]   $27.98
Toy Story of Terror!   $9.96
Varsity Blood   $13.98
When I Saw You   $27.98
Y tu mamá también [Criterion Collection]   $27.98

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Amazing Spider Man 2 [Electro Collector's Edition Blu-ray][Amazon.com Exclusive] $99.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [Combo Pack] $19.99 $19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D [Combo Pack]   $24.96 $24.99 $27.99
Boardwalk Empire: Season 4   $39.96 $39.99
Chaplin's Mutual Comedies [Limited SteelBook Edition]    $59.95
Fading Gigolo   $15.49 $12.99
The Flintstones   $16.98
Jarhead 2: Field of Fire   $24.99 $22.99 $14.99
Leviathan   $15.89
Like Water for Chocolate   $12.08
Mack Sennett Collection, The: Volume One     $59.95
Magnificent Doll    $27.98
Once Upon a Time: The Complete Third Season   $48.39 $42.99 $39.99
Only Lovers Left Alive   $23.59
The Quiet Ones   $16.99 $14.99
Ray Harryhausen Double Feature: 20 Million Miles to Earth / It Came from Beneath the Sea   $13.48
Revolution: The Complete Second Season [Combo Pack]   $46.96 $49.99
Rosemary's Baby [2014]   $16.99
Sacrament, The    $20.98
Sorceress   $27.98
That’s My Man [1947]   $26.96
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! [Criterion Collection, Dual Format]   $37.98
Toy Story of Terror!   $12.96
Y tu mamá también [Criterion Collection, Dual Format]   $27.59

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--A BIG EXCLUSIVE this week @ amazon.com:  a release of the 3-D and 2-D Amazing Spider-Man 2--in a model of the head of Electro.  Check out our Amazon exclusive, The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Electro Collector's Edition! This edition includes The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in both 3D and Blu-ray, included in a collectible Electro Head which lights up with the touch of a button. Best case it can be used to relive Spider-Man's epic battles, worst case it can be used as a holder for your favorite hats or sunglasses. It's truly a win-win situation.

--Best Buy, this week, has--with both the 2-D Blu and 3-D Blu of The Amazing Spider-Man 2--EXCLUSIVE Magno Collectible packaging AND a LIMITED EDITION Marvel Comic Book.  AND...purchase either the 2-D or 3-D version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 AND ANY TV title $14.99 and up and take off an additional $10!

--And on a week that there's a LOT of new TV releases, Best Buy has a special deal:  SAVE 15% when you purchase two (or 25% when you purchase three!) TV titles $14.99 and up.  Offer vvalid through 9-27-14.  Learn more at www.BestBuy.com/FallTV Shows.

--The following recent release is on sale this week at Best Buy:

Non-Stop:  $14.99 DVD/$19.99 Blu CP

--Best Buy is also advertising some $9.99 Blu-rays (or THREE for $20).  Titles shown include:  Godzilla: Final Wars/Godzilla Tokyo SOS (Double Feature), 21 Jump Street, The Raid: Redemption, up to 34 additional titles from which to choose.  Offer expires 8-30-14.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has its own EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.  Includes "Something Sinister This Way Comes" EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC with more than 2 1/2 hours of extra content.  Also, if you buy The Amazing Spider-Man 2 at Target get a FREE bag of popcorn AND FREE medium fountain soda.  See coupon on package, expires 9-30-14.  Free offer quantities limited.  No rainchecks.  

--Target is also advertising a $5 credit at www.TargetTicket.com with ANY TV release advertised in this week's Target flyer.  Those can be found in the grid above and in the sale listed just below.  

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$14.99:  The Vampire Diaries: Season 4, The Big Bang Theory: Season 6, The Walking Dead: Season 1.
$19.99:  Sherlock: Season 3.
$24.99:  Community: Season 5

$32.99:  True Blood: Season 6

--And, Target has a bunch of older Spider-Man movies on Blu on sale for $8 this week:  Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, and The Amazing Spider-Man..

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Aly

Auditioning
Real Name
Human Torch
wow..ow oww oww...this room echos echos eck ooo oos.

everybody must be on vacation..

Will be getting Criterions' Y tu mamá también and Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! when it goes 50% off. Same thing for Spidey in 3D.

I am tempted to run around naked in this empty room.

Hope everyone's enjoying their summer and as always, sir Mike, studio mogul, thanks for posting every week!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm working on the review for Once Upon a Time: Season Three right now. Have already put up reviews for The Millers, Toy Story of Terror!, and Rosemary's Baby. I'm hoping to receive NCIS and The Good Wife, but there may have been a mix-up with the PR firm handling them.

Thanks for the RoundUp.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike! Although I thought the sequel was a major disappointment when I saw it in the theater, I'll still pick up Spidey 2 in 3D from Target. I'm a sucker for bonus discs...

Sigwolf

Agent
Real Name
Dave
Two things...

BestBuy.com is showing the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu combo for $17.99. [...and they've already fixed it, shows $19.99 now]

The picture above for Jarhead 2 shows the cast of the original Jarhead, absolutely none of which are in the sequel. ;)

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I saw and liked Y tu mamá también way back when and thought I'd grab it, but the web reviews repeatedly mention that the R-rated version is terrible as it leaves out important plot elements. I have no idea which version I saw, but would like to have the original, which I assume has all the plot points.

I think I can guess what plot point the reviews might be referring to, but I won't mention it because I can't figure out where the spoiler option went.

In any case - does anyone know whether the this Criterion collection version is the supposedly bad stripped down version or has all the major plot elements per the original release?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al:

For the spoiler function, just click on the 3rd box from the upper left corner above the editor box. It is labeled "Special BB Code."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
I'm working on the review for Once Upon a Time: Season Three right now. Have already put up reviews for The Millers, Toy Story of Terror!, and Rosemary's Baby. I'm hoping to receive NCIS and The Good Wife, but there may have been a mix-up with the PR firm handling them.

Thanks for the RoundUp.
All those reviews PLUS Cameron's review of Boardwalk Empire have been added to the OP. Sorry, Matt. I was kinda rushing to get the thing posted last night and totally forgot.

Sigwolf said:
Two things...

BestBuy.com is showing the Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu combo for $17.99. [...and they've already fixed it, shows $19.99 now]

The picture above for Jarhead 2 shows the cast of the original Jarhead, absolutely none of which are in the sequel. ;)
And the image for Jarhead 2 has been fixed. Thanks, Sigwolf.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would like to know which this is as well.Y Tu is the movie that forced NC-17 into being. And shows why the MPAA is a joke.The Italians, French and Spanish are the most correct in their ratings.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Al.Anderson said:
I saw and liked Y tu mamá también way back when and thought I'd grab it, but the web reviews repeatedly mention that the R-rated version is terrible as it leaves out important plot elements. I have no idea which version I saw, but would like to have the original, which I assume has all the plot points.

I think I can guess what plot point the reviews might be referring to, but I won't mention it because I can't figure out where the spoiler option went.

In any case - does anyone know whether the this Criterion collection version is the supposedly bad stripped down version or has all the major plot elements per the original release?
schan1269 said:
I would like to know which this is as well.Y Tu is the movie that forced NC-17 into being. And shows why the MPAA is a joke.The Italians, French and Spanish are the most correct in their ratings.
The Blu-ray.com review says it's "R"...but doesn't really go into any discussion about a different edit either.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have 3 DVDs of Y Tu...Mexico, Holland and Hong Kong.All three are different. Same running time. Hong Kong has the best soundtrack(DTS as well) with the least obtrusive subs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They DO mention deleted scenes.
confused-smiley-013.gif

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Holland is edited to enhance naughty bits(shocking, I tell you).Hong Kong, the opposite. All the ending bi-sexual-ness is long shot.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
TravisR said:
Yeah, I would think that if it was the edited version then you'd have seen an uproar about it by now.
Still doesn't address which cut. The Holland version leaves out a lot of the non-dialog driving along to add in more flesh.The first looking in scene is 20 seconds longer. The final trio dinner/escapade is 90 seconds longer.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This week's Walmart flyer shows The Amazing Spider-Man 2 blu for $18.96.

This week's Kmart flyer also mentions a manufacturer coupon for TASM2, but I'm not sure where you get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks