What's new

Help! Man Cave Home Theater Config. (1 Viewer)

Darksyde

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hello All,

I was wondering if I could get some assistance. I am planning on upgrading my Man Cave, I have come up with a layout I like, and what kind of equipment I want to use. However I am having a hard time trying to find myself a good Home Theater Audio solution.
Man Cave.jpg

So, in the above picture I have the arrow labelled projector is where my media tower, with all relevant electronics will go with the projector on the top. On the other side of the room I will have a projector screen, mounting one on the wall would be difficult since there is a window right behind it. I plan on blacking out that window and putting the projector screen on a stand in front of it, with maybe a TV stand in front of that, or under it.

My biggest question will be the Audio. Because all of my electronics will be on the right side, and I am trying to make this look as clean as possible, I dont want to run wiring for 3 speakers across the room. I cant get into the walls or attic due to where the room is in the house. Though I do have carpet, I dont really want to pull it up, but if there are good wireless solutions that would be awesome.

Any help is appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No wireless exists. Aperion tried a full 5.1 wireless speaker system and it damn near killed them as a company(as in lots of money coming up with it, flushed down the toilet).Three solutions.1. Buy flat paintable wire2. Buy wiremold cordmate(or similar)3. Pull the carpet.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
4. Pull the baseboards. Depending on how your walls are constructed, there may be enough space to run the wiring in there. Just be careful putting it back and don't drive a nail through a wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks