What's new

Mr Finn--Any more TODD-AO for 2015 or beyond? (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Hello Mr Finn-- Thank you so much for the great TODD-AO transfers we have had. THE SOUND OF MUSIC--SOUTH PACIFIC--HELLO DOLLY---CLEOPATRA--AGONY AND ECSTASY--OKALAHOMA I just played DOLLY the other night again and every time I watch one of these TODD-AO productions, all I can say is WOW! Any chance of more WOW in the next year or so?

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
I asked Fox Classics on their facebook page if we were getting anymore TODD-AO blurays in 2015, and I received a thumbs up, So who knows.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Here's hoping for the complete with overture, intemission and entr'acte STAR! I've seen Fox's 70mm restoration print twice in LA and the overture was gone for some strange reason. The rest of the print was complete and looked and sounded incredible.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Rob_Ray said:
Here's hoping for the complete with overture, intemission and entr'acte STAR! I've seen Fox's 70mm restoration print twice in LA and the overture was gone for some strange reason. The rest of the print was complete and looked and sounded incredible.
The curtain with the names on it while the music was playing was gone? How odd.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
trajan said:
The curtain with the names on it while the music was playing was gone? How odd.
They were gone both times, but it was the same print, I'm sure. The film started with the Fox fanfare. Actually, as much as I love the overture and would hate to lose it, its omission did make the first jump to widescreen within the film itself more impressive. But don't omit it now, at this late date!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks