Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mr Finn--Any more TODD-AO for 2015 or beyond?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hello Mr Finn-- Thank you so much for the great TODD-AO transfers we have had. THE SOUND OF MUSIC--SOUTH PACIFIC--HELLO DOLLY---CLEOPATRA--AGONY AND ECSTASY--OKALAHOMA I just played DOLLY the other night again and every time I watch one of these TODD-AO productions, all I can say is WOW!  Any chance of more WOW in the next year or so? 

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:27 AM

I asked Fox Classics on their facebook page if we were getting anymore TODD-AO blurays in 2015, and I received a thumbs up, So who knows.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,555 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:29 AM

Here's hoping for the complete with overture, intemission and entr'acte STAR!  I've seen Fox's 70mm restoration print twice in LA and the overture was gone for some strange reason.  The rest of the print was complete and  looked and sounded incredible.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 871 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:46 AM

Here's hoping for the complete with overture, intemission and entr'acte STAR!  I've seen Fox's 70mm restoration print twice in LA and the overture was gone for some strange reason.  The rest of the print was complete and  looked and sounded incredible.

The curtain with the names on it while the music was playing was gone? How odd.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,555 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:50 AM

The curtain with the names on it while the music was playing was gone? How odd.

They were gone both times, but it was the same print, I'm sure.  The film started with the Fox fanfare.  Actually, as much as I love the overture and would hate to lose it, its omission did make the first jump to widescreen within the film itself more impressive.  But don't omit it now, at this late date!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users