Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Outdoor projector audio question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   msull84

msull84

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 09:07 PM

Hi guys,

Looking to set up an outdoor screen for movies and TV. I have the OS 144 screen from Camp Chef but looking for a HD projector and concerned about audio. The connection from the DVD or cable box will be HDMI into the projector of my choice but will there be an audio delay if I run analog audio from the source device (DVD or cable box) to an amp with a L & R speaker set up?What if I get a projector that has an audio output option? Will that solve any delay issues?

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,235 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted August 15 2014 - 05:24 AM

will there be an audio delay if I run analog audio from the source device (DVD or cable box) to an amp with a L & R speaker set up?

That's how we all have our systems set up except we use a digital signal for our audio.  Some use HDMI.  I'm still running behind and use optical audio except for my Roku.  I use analog audio (stereo only).

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 16,127 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 15 2014 - 05:55 AM

Audio delays typically are caused by having image enhancements turned in the display.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   msull84

msull84

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 02:10 PM

Thanks...I plan on using analog audio from the source device to an old receiver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users