-

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Edge of Tomorrow (3D Blu-ray Combo)(Blu-ray Combo)

Warner BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,998 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 10:59 AM

“Smart, exciting and unexpected.”

— Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times

“Exuberantly clever; hugely entertaining.”

— Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

LIVE. DIE. REPEAT.

EDGE OF TOMORROW

EXPLODES ONTO BLU-RAY 3D COMBO PACK, 

BLU-RAY COMBO PACK, DVD and DIGITAL HD 

ON OCTOBER 7 FROM

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Blu-ray and Digital HD include

Over 90 minutes of adrenaline-pumping special features!

Burbank, CA, August 14, 2014 – Live, Die, Repeat when “Edge of Tomorrow” arrives onto Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital HD on October 7 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Directed by Doug Liman (“The Bourne Identity,” “Mr. & Mrs. Smith”), “Edge of Tomorrow” stars Oscar® nominee Tom Cruise (“Born on the Fourth of July,” “Jerry Maguire,” “Magnolia”) and Emily Blunt (“The Devil Wears Prada,” “The Adjustment Bureau”).

Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Village Roadshow Pictures’ sci-fi thriller “Edge of Tomorrow” was directed by Liman from a screenplay by Christopher McQuarrie and Jez Butterworth & John-Henry Butterworth, and based on the novel entitled “All You Need is Kill” by Hiroshi Sakurazaka. “Edge of Tomorrow” is the first motion picture to be shot at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.

Edge of Tomorrow,” was produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, Jeffrey Silver, Gregory Jacobs and Jason Hoffs, alongside executive producers Doug Liman, David Bartis, Joby Harold, Hidemi Fukuhara and Bruce Berman, with Tim Lewis and Kim Winther serving as co-producers. 

Supporting Cruise and Blunt is an international cast that includes Bill Paxton (“Aliens,” HBO’s “Big Love”), Brendan Gleeson (“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1”), Noah Taylor (“Lawless”), Kick Gurry (Australian TV’s “Tangle”), Dragomir Mrsic (“Snabba Cash II”), Charlotte Riley (“World Without End”), Jonas Armstrong (BBC TV’s “Robin Hood”), Franz Drameh (“Attack the Block”), Masayoshi Haneda (“Emperor”) and Tony Way (“The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”).

Edge of Tomorrow” will be available on Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99.  Both include a digital version of the movie on Digital HD with UltraViolet.* Fans can also own “Edge of Tomorrow” in Digital HD on October 7 via purchase from digital retailers.

SYNOPSIS

The epic action of “Edge of Tomorrow” unfolds in a near future in which an alien race has hit the Earth in an unrelenting assault, unbeatable by any military unit in the world.  Major William Cage (Cruise) is an officer who has never seen a day of combat when he is unceremoniously dropped into what amounts to a suicide mission. Killed within minutes, Cage now finds himself inexplicably thrown into a time loop—forcing him to live out the same brutal combat over and over, fighting and dying again…and again. But with each battle, Cage becomes able to engage the adversaries with increasing skill, alongside Special Forces warrior Rita Vrataski (Blunt). And, as Cage and Rita take the fight to the aliens, each repeated encounter gets them one step closer to defeating the enemy.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“Edge of Tomorrow” Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack contain the following special features:

·         Operation Downfall - Adrenaline Cut

·         Storming The Beach

·         Weapons Of The Future

·         Creatures Not Of This World

·         On The Edge With Doug Liman

·         Deleted Scenes

“Edge of Tomorrow” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:

·         Weapons Of The Future

·         Creatures Not Of This World

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

“Edge of Tomorrow” will be available for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on their favorite devices from select digital retailers including Amazon, CinemaNow, Flixster, iTunes, PlayStation, Target Ticket, Vudu, Xbox and others. Starting October 7, “Edge of Tomorrow” will also be available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT DIGITAL HD WITH ULTRAVIOLET

*Digital HD with UltraViolet allows fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital HD with UltraViolet is included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. Digital HD with UltraViolet allows consumers to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through UltraViolet retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster, Target Ticket, VUDU and more. For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices. Consult an UltraViolet Retailer for details and requirements and for a list of HD-compatible devices.

BASICS

PRODUCT                                                                            SRP

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack                                                         $44.95

Blu-ray Combo Pack                                                               $35.99

DVD (WS)                                                                              $28.98

Street Date: October 7, 2014

DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French

BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French

DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French

BD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French

Running Time: 113 minutes

Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and brief suggestive material.

DLBY/SURR   DLBY/DGTL   [CC] 

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 16 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,998 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:02 AM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 16 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:11 AM

Did anyone actually see this one in 3D and if so is it 3D or 2.5D. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 of 16 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,582 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:34 AM

Malcolm, I saw it twice in digital IMAX 3D, this is what I thought.

I didn't think the 3D was great, my experience of it had the 3D quality kind of disappearing throughout, where it might seem reasonably present in one scene and then almost non-existent in the next.  At least part of that I initially chalked up to a theater error -- when I saw it the first time, the house lights came on about halfway through the movie, and stayed up until the end.  Having a dark room is important to 3D presentation quality so when the lights went up, the 3D quality went down.  But when I saw it a second time, although the presentation was clearly better, the 3D still was not all that.

On the other hand, I threw in my two cents on the movie review thread here, and it seemed like my feelings about the 3D might have been in the minority, other people were reporting a more pleasing, consistent experience.

It was shot on film and post-converted to 3D.  Of this year's post-conversions that I've seen, I thought "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" and "Guardians Of The Galaxy" were the best.  The two 3D native films I was most looking forward to turned out to be massive disappointments (strictly in terms of 3D quality - I thought they were really good movies), and both were from Fox - "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and "X-Men: Days Of Future Past".  Maybe Fox has adopted an in-house style of flat looking 3D?  I'd say "Edge Of Tomorrow" had 3D that was probably on par with those films.

If I buy this movie (and I probably will), I'll get the 3D copy and watch that way.  Generally I prefer to watch the 3D version over the 2D version, even when the 3D doesn't add all that much.  (It's probably a similar preference to people who prefer to listen to a 5.1 surround track of a film originally done in mono, even when there's not much going on in the surround track.)  But if my friends or family were to ask me if I honestly thought they needed to see this movie in 3D, I'd say no.

• Johnny Angell and FoxyMulder like this

#5 of 16 ONLINE   DP 70

DP 70

Second Unit

• 425 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 01:33 AM

I thought this might be the first Dolby Atmos release.

#6 of 16 OFFLINE   Paul_Warren

Paul_Warren

Second Unit

• 402 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted August 15 2014 - 01:05 PM

http://www.digitalsp...me-release.html

In some European markets its being retitled Live Die Repeat: Edge Of Tomorrow which is a little strange as it made approx 75% of its box office outside US in the same markets with the same title in all :rolleyes:

#7 of 16 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,559 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 01:10 PM

Did anyone actually see this one in 3D and if so is it 3D or 2.5D. ?

Malcolm,

I saw it on both the IMAX 3D and an excellent 2D presentation (on a very large screen with Dolby Atmos). I found the 3D visuals to be more immersive. Maybe even much more, but it wasn't in your face 3D.
  • FoxyMulder likes this

#8 of 16 OFFLINE   Patrick Donahue

Patrick Donahue

Stunt Coordinator

• 198 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted August 15 2014 - 03:09 PM

I thought this might be the first Dolby Atmos release.

Yeah, this and "Godzilla" both

#9 of 16 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,022 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted August 16 2014 - 09:05 AM

This is basically a retitling. They've just included the original title near the very bottom so everyone knows exactly what it is.

One of my top three favorite films of 2014. Most likable Tom Cruise has been since Risky Business. Tied for sci-fi movie-of-the-year alongside Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Snowpiercer, if Interstellar doesn't raise the bar (and it probably will).

It's hard to think of another movie that has been effectively "retitled" for its post-theatrical release. But "Live Die Repeat" is a MUCH better title, and what the movie should've been called in the first place, but skittish corporate execs always hedge their bets.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#10 of 16 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,048 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 16 2014 - 11:46 AM

It's hard to think of another movie that has been effectively "retitled" for its post-theatrical release. But "Live Die Repeat" is a MUCH better title, and what the movie should've been called in the first place, but skittish corporate execs always hedge their bets.

It's lame but I can understand their trepidation. Not like I have any inside info but I imagine that they feared that there'd be another loser shooting up a school or a mall a day or two before the movie opened and they'd be stuck selling a movie called Live Die Repeat at the same time people are seeing horrific 24 hour news coverage of a tragedy.

#11 of 16 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 144 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 01:36 PM

It's lame but I can understand their trepidation. Not like I have any inside info but I imagine that they feared that there'd be another loser shooting up a school or a mall a day or two before the movie opened and they'd be stuck selling a movie called Live Die Repeat at the same time people are seeing horrific 24 hour news coverage of a tragedy.

Yep.  Which is the reason that JACK THE GIANT KILLER was changed to JACK THE GIANT SLAYER,  And the guns in the animated BEWARE THE BATMAN series had to be altered so that the gun barrels fcould be changed from the normal round shape to become square or rectangular.

#12 of 16 OFFLINE   John Maher_289910

John Maher_289910

Second Unit

• 297 posts

Posted August 16 2014 - 01:41 PM

I didn't see this film, but the trailer saw and the synopsis I read made me think it was THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY meets SOURCE CODE.  Was it?

#13 of 16 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 08:56 AM

I will definitely be buying Cruise/Blunt/Edgeoftomorrow when it comes out! 

• Brandon Conway likes this
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#14 of 16 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,215 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:21 PM

I do find it interesting that WB decided to trot our the old practice of re-titling a film in the marketing (e.g., Ace in the Hole becoming The Big Carnival).

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#15 of 16 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,038 posts

Posted August 18 2014 - 12:58 PM

I don't understand what everyone is talking about when they say the movie is being "retitled."  The Blu-ray cover appears to have a gigantic version of the "Lie Die Repeat" slogan that was used in marketing the movie, but even some of the theatrical posters featured that phrase more prominently than they did the title.  The press release, and Amazon's listing, both still call it "Edge of Tomorrow."

#16 of 16 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,048 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 18 2014 - 02:08 PM

I don't understand what everyone is talking about when they say the movie is being "retitled."  The Blu-ray cover appears to have a gigantic version of the "Lie Die Repeat" slogan that was used in marketing the movie, but even some of the theatrical posters featured that phrase more prominently than they did the title.  The press release, and Amazon's listing, both still call it "Edge of Tomorrow."

I'm sure the movie itself still carries the Edge Of Tomorrow title but if someone wasn't familiar with the movie and looked at the cover, they would have to think it was called LIVE DIE REPEAT. Even if they looked at the smaller print, they would think that it stars Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and someone with the odd name of Edgeoftomorrow. :)

• David Weicker likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users