Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: Batman 25th Anniversary Edition (Diamond Luxe Blu-ray)

Warner BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,283 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 05:20 AM

Batman 25 Diamon Luxe Box Art.jpeg

Celebrating 75 Years of Caped Crusader Entertainment…

Batman 25th Anniversary Edition

Debuts November 11

in New Diamond Luxe Packaging

Burbank, Calif., August 14, 2014 – To help mark Warner Bros. Entertainment (WBE) and DC Entertainment’s milestone 75th anniversary of DC Comics’ popular Batman character, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will release Batman 25th Anniversary Two-Disc Edition, a new Blu-ray™ edition debuting November 11 (at $24.98 SRP) in the studio’s distinctive new sleek Diamond Luxe collector-style packaging. With its state-of-the-art sophisticated and durable design, the new packaging is perfect for those wishing to add this edition to their home libraries. Also included is Batman: The Birth of the Modern Blockbuster -- a look at the phenomenal marketing, extensive merchandising and franchise foresight that set the template for the next 25 years of tentpole pictures.

WBHE and DCE’s year-long celebration, befitting the world’s most popular Super Hero, will boast new products from WBE and DC Entertainment in numerous areas – comics, TV, Interactive Entertainment, Consumer Products and more. There is a new commemorative 75th anniversary Batman logo and an exclusive “Cape/Cowl/Create” art exhibit, featuring 20 contemporary artists’ interpretations of The Dark Knight’s iconic cowl headpiece and cape from the new Batman: Arkham Knight video game. Various other events are taking place throughout the year.

In addition to releasing Batman 25th Anniversary Two-Disc Edition, WBHE will also feature the highly anticipated release of the 1960s Batman: The Complete Television Series for the first time ever. Other new home entertainment releases include animated films Son of Batman and Batman: Assault on Arkham.

In announcing the Batman 75th anniversary initiative in March, WB Chairman and Chief Executive Kevin Tsujihara noted, “Batman is an incredibly important property with multi-generational appeal across all of the Studio’s businesses, and we’re proud to celebrate this milestone anniversary. From billion-dollar blockbuster films to TV, home entertainment, video games and consumer products, The Dark Knight continues to resonate with audiences worldwide and rightfully deserves his place as a global pop culture icon for the ages.”

About the Movie

In 1989, director Tim Burton breathed new life into one of the most complex and intriguing characters in popular culture. Burton cast off the 1960s camp depiction of the Dark Knight and launched for Warner Bros. one of the most popular comic book film series ever. Batman was the top-grossing movie that year and subsequently became a global phenomenon.

Tim Burton’s vision and Michael Keaton’s performance as the Caped Crusader combine perfectly to capture Gotham City’s sinister atmosphere and Batman’s brooding nature. Jack Nicholson stars in a memorable performance as the maniacal Joker and Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the beautiful and resourceful photojournalist desired by both men. Featuring songs by Prince and a score by Danny Elfman, Batman won the 1990 Oscar® for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).

Special Features

·       Batman: The Birth of the Modern Blockbuster (NEW) Discover how the film's phenomenal marketing, extensive merchandising and franchise foresight set the template for the next 25 years of tentpole pictures.

Note: All enhanced content listed above is subject to change.

Academy Awards® and Oscar® are both registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Blu-ray Disc™ and Blu-ray™ and the logos are the trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 17 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,464 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted August 14 2014 - 05:39 AM

POPULAR

It's a great movie, this & Batman Returns are the only Batman films I like (I don't like the Noland films at all). The thing is, I have the Blu-ray & it only cost me £5, if this was a new scan or had an isolated music track (or both), then yes, but I can't see any reason to buy this.
  • TheBat, Randy Korstick, Osato and 1 other like this

#3 of 17 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 07:07 AM

It's a great movie, this & Batman Returns are the only Batman films I like (I don't like the Noland films at all). The thing is, I have the Blu-ray & it only cost me £5, if this was a new scan or had an isolated music track (or both), then yes, but I can't see any reason to buy this.

Agree.  What a way to celebrate the 75th anniversary.  Buy the same old transfer...but hey!  It has a new logo!

• Osato and FoxyMulder like this

#4 of 17 OFFLINE   Scott Burke

Scott Burke

Second Unit

• 351 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted August 14 2014 - 07:34 AM

Agree.  What a way to celebrate the 75th anniversary.  Buy the same old transfer...but hey!  It has a new logo!

And a new case for the movie!!

• Osato likes this

#5 of 17 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 630 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 08:01 AM

Yeah pretty sad for a 25th Ann. edition. I'll just keep my digibook edition. I was so excited when I first heard about it too.
  • Osato likes this

#6 of 17 ONLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,249 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 08:10 AM

POPULAR

WcxnObT.png

• Mark Cappelletty, Osato, Josh Steinberg and 3 others like this
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#7 of 17 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,630 posts

Posted August 15 2014 - 08:20 AM

If Disc 1 of this is just a re-pressing of the existing disc, and Disc 2 is just that one new featurette, I'll pass.

On the other hand, if it was a newly remastered disc, I'd at least consider it.  Been a while since I watched the old disc and I can't remember if it was any good or not.

#8 of 17 OFFLINE   Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Executive Producer

• 10,620 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 15 2014 - 10:44 AM

POPULAR

And a new case for the movie!!

It's just not any new case. It has a "state-of-the-art sophisticated and durable design"!

• Scott Burke, Osato and JohnMor like this

#9 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,283 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 07:31 AM

100220_large.jpg

Now Available For Preorder

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#10 of 17 OFFLINE   NEOCOLLECTOR

NEOCOLLECTOR

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 03:48 PM

For anyone who wants a preview of what this Diamond Luxe case is like, check out this first release review here  (Sony brands the same package as Magno):  https://www.youtube....h?v=XMwB3FXE4nI

#11 of 17 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,630 posts

Posted August 21 2014 - 03:52 PM

So.. it's a magnetic digipak basically?

For me, whether or not I purchase this release will be based on two factors, neither of which is packaging:

- is this a new transfer of the film, or the same one on the current Blu-ray?

- will there be substantial new extras for the film, or just the one new featurette we've been told about?

If it's a new transfer, I'm probably in.  If it's a the same old transfer but a lot of new extras, maybe I'm in.  If it's the same transfers, same extras, with just that one new featurette, I'll pass.

• Osato and Christian Preischl like this

#12 of 17 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,283 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 10:07 AM

Please note that the street date for BATMAN 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY DIAMOND LUXE has been changed to December 9. 

Ronald J Epstein

#13 of 17 OFFLINE   Tommy R

Tommy R

Stunt Coordinator

• 153 posts

Posted October 13 2014 - 07:39 PM

Looking at my shelf, I'm amazed that I never bought this film on blu-ray yet, so I'll definitely buy this release. I was a kid when this was in theaters, so Keaton as Batman and Burton's style is what Batman means to me. Besides a few aspects of the Nolan trilogy I found them very inferior, but I say that with a lot of nostalgic baggage. I think of it like all the people who were young enough to see the Connery Bond films in the 60's who just can't enjoy the Craig Bond films (my Dad, lol). I know Keaton didn't have the same impact as Connery did, but in my mind Keaton IS Batman as everyone says that Connery IS Bond.

#14 of 17 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,630 posts

Posted October 14 2014 - 06:26 PM

Digital Bits mentioned on a Facebook comment thread that it's the same transfer as before, they confirmed with Warner. I'm not surprised, but there it is.

#15 of 17 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,989 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted October 15 2014 - 08:56 AM

Could you imagine what Warner's could release if they only owned more films than Batman, Wizard of Oz and Gone With The Wind. Such a shame they don't have a larger library of titles to choose from, they could be a major player in the hi-def market space!

:dance:

• Mark Zimmer likes this

#16 of 17 ONLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts

Posted November 11 2014 - 06:42 PM

Please note that the street date for BATMAN 25TH ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY DIAMOND LUXE has been changed to December 9. 

Curious that this release did not street today with the Adam west set.

I have the previous blu Ray and will not be buying.

#17 of 17 OFFLINE   RJ992

RJ992

Stunt Coordinator

• 166 posts

Posted November 12 2014 - 08:42 AM

Looking at my shelf, I'm amazed that I never bought this film on blu-ray yet, so I'll definitely buy this release. I was a kid when this was in theaters, so Keaton as Batman and Burton's style is what Batman means to me. Besides a few aspects of the Nolan trilogy I found them very inferior, but I say that with a lot of nostalgic baggage. I think of it like all the people who were young enough to see the Connery Bond films in the 60's who just can't enjoy the Craig Bond films (my Dad, lol). I know Keaton didn't have the same impact as Connery did, but in my mind Keaton IS Batman as everyone says that Connery IS Bond.

While Connery IS (and always will be Bond), I can also enjoy Craig's movies. I think he's been the best Bond since Dalton...and second only to Connery.  Indeed, the end of SKYFALL almost comes full circle to the beginning of the Connery Bonds: Tell your dad to give 'em another chance!

• Osato likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users