What's new

Universal Limited Edition Blu-ray Reissues Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

american.jpeg

big.jpeg

blues.jpeg

fear.jpeg

psycho.jpeg

scar.jpeg

scott.jpeg

shaun.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Is it at all possible for links to be provided that don't get blocked by an adblocker? I don't see the links and have absolutely no idea how to delete my adblocker and then add it again. And there are so many times I'd like to be able to use your links, but don't want to lose my adblocker!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Anthony,

Appreciate the fact you want to use the links and support the site. Thank You.

However, the amount of people using adblockers on this forum is minimal at best.

Does your adblocker have a "whitelist" that you can add this site to?

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
You're asking me to become an expert!
For your sake I'll have a go....... I've never really explored all the Firefox bells and whistles so I guess this is a good reason to.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
And for anyone else's guidance, it couldn't be easier. Just have your webpage open at hometheatreforum, go to Firefox Tools, cursor down to AdblockPlus, then right-click will give you menu option 'disable on hometheaterforum' -- noting it's spelled 'theater' not 'theatre'!
and it works.
Of course I'm teaching most people here how to suck eggs but there may be one or two others out there just like me!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This list almost exactly matches the list of Steelbook titles that's on sale on Amazon this week. All titles which have gone through numerous reissues. And now these ridiculous covers...

Who could possibly think that we need these same titles in yet another cover?? This is a special brand of madness...

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Give me the original artwork any day, but if it helps to sell a few more copies, then good luck to them.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
As for AdBlockers, is there some way to have links when using the HTF App?I usually do my morning catch-up on the train (on my IPhone), and NEVER see any links.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
David Weicker said:
As for AdBlockers, is there some way to have links when using the HTF App?I usually do my morning catch-up on the train (on my IPhone), and NEVER see any links.
Go to right top of thread and you will see three dots. Hit and a menu pops down. Hit Web View and it open the thread in Web and the links to Amazon show up. It is an extra step but that is the only way I have found to order through the site on iPhone or iPad.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
What's with the recent trend of re-releasing titles with minimalist but rather poor artwork? Fox/MGM released a batch like this a few months ago. I'd be relatively interested if some of these included original poster art, or well chosen movie stills instead.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
ahollis said:
Go to right top of thread and you will see three dots. Hit and a menu pops down. Hit Web View and it open the thread in Web and the links to Amazon show up. It is an extra step but that is the only way I have found to order through the site on iPhone or iPad.
Thanks

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Oh dear.

I'll tell you what, I'll put a positive spin on it.

Look at Warners. they've been doing this for years - 18 re-issues of The Exorcist, etc. And we moaned.

Only now, apparently, they're releasing every film ever made in the history of Warners ever on Blu-ray Disc in 2015. This may be a slight overstatement.

You see, they've obviously been investing the extra $10 you paid for that Blade Runner Cheap Plastic Replica Sushi into the restoration and preservation of their catalogue titles.

Clearly, Universal are doing the same, and we can expect a mad release spurt from them in 2 or 3 years.

Steve W

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Kinda seems like a knockoff of the style of artwork that has been more commonplace on some Twilight Time releases during the past year (i.e. Bell, Book, and Candle).

I don't mind they they're trying this in theory, Criterion and Olive Films have been doing quite well recently with their original artwork, but Universal has got to do better than this....they look like student art assignments from a high school photoshop class.

They also have an "approved by committee" look to them.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Some absolutely hideous transfers among that lot, especially The Big Lebowski, i actually went to the trouble of buying the HD DVD edition of An American Werewolf In London because the blu ray version had some additional "enhancements" added to it.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dr Griffin said:
Who are they aiming for with these re-releases?
It's a new marketing technique change the packaging and people might fall into the trap of believing the transfers inside have somehow improved, it's either that or they are aiming them at people with memory loss, i actually think the new artwork covers look cheap and nasty, in fact the three words i am going to continually use when i write in this thread will be cheap, nasty, hideous and maybe a 4th word to be determined during my next post. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks