What's new

3D What ever happened to "The Last Emperor 3D" (1 Viewer)

SFMike

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
What ever happened to "The Last Emperor" 3D conversion. The last I heard it was shown at the Festival de Cannes 2014. Any hope of getting a bluray 3D release of this classic or is the home 3D parade coming to an end.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
SFMike said:
What ever happened to "The Last Emperor" 3D conversion. The last I heard it was shown at the Festival de Cannes 2014. Any hope of getting a bluray 3D release of this classic or is the home 3D parade coming to an end.
What was the aspect ratio of the 3D edition. ?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
phillyrobt said:
Amazon can be wrong with aspect ratio but if it's really 1.78:1 then that's a lot of cropping going on, i dislike the 2:1 aspect ratio of the Storaro approved version currently out there, i disapprove even more of a 1.78:1 version, it doesn't matter if it's 3D, it should be original aspect ratio.

I felt that way about Titanic too because in that instance it's a conversion and i feel some effects shots are compromised as they were done at 2:1 and we lose info at the sides, i have no problem with Avatar or movies specifically shot where they composed with 1.78:1 in mind.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
RolandL said:
The 3D version has more picture info on the sides so it must be 2.35.
So Amazon is wrong with the stated information, why am i not surprised by that. :lol:

When you take into account that the image will be darker when viewed via the glasses it looks respectable, some film grain is present, detail levels look good, it's probably the usual 2.5D but it doesn't look too bad.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
FoxyMulder said:
When you take into account that the image will be darker when viewed via the glasses it looks respectable, some film grain is present, detail levels look good, it's probably the usual 2.5D but it doesn't look too bad.
I assume you own this, then, and have watched it through. How is the depth (as I am sure no pop-out is present, nor should there be)? Does it look like several planes of flat figures, or is there an illusion of roundness?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dick said:
I assume you own this, then, and have watched it through. How is the depth (as I am sure no pop-out is present, nor should there be)? Does it look like several planes of flat figures, or is there an illusion of roundness?
No i don't own it, i'm going via the screencaps provided in Roland's link, i would not buy this title in 3D, it was shot 2D and that's how i want to view it, same goes for Titanic which i do own, i will only watch the 2D edition and the 3D edition remains in it's case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks