Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What ever happened to "The Last Emperor 3D"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   SFMike

SFMike

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 02:17 PM

What ever happened to "The Last Emperor" 3D conversion. The last I heard it was shown at the Festival de Cannes 2014. Any hope of getting a bluray 3D release of this classic or is the home 3D parade coming to an end.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 12 2014 - 02:30 PM

What ever happened to "The Last Emperor" 3D conversion. The last I heard it was shown at the Festival de Cannes 2014. Any hope of getting a bluray 3D release of this classic or is the home 3D parade coming to an end.

What was the aspect ratio of the 3D edition. ?

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   phillyrobt

phillyrobt

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 05:26 PM

http://www.amazon.it...s=bertolucci 3d

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,202 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone here purchased and viewed this?

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 13 2014 - 07:30 AM

Amazon can be wrong with aspect ratio but if it's really 1.78:1 then that's a lot of cropping going on, i dislike the 2:1 aspect ratio of the Storaro approved version currently out there, i disapprove even more of a 1.78:1 version, it doesn't matter if it's 3D, it should be original aspect ratio.

I felt that way about Titanic too because in that instance it's a conversion and i feel some effects shots are compromised as they were done at 2:1 and we lose info at the sides, i have no problem with Avatar or movies specifically shot where they composed with 1.78:1 in mind.

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted August 13 2014 - 08:40 AM

The 3D version has more picture info on the sides so it must be 2.35.

• FoxyMulder likes this

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 13 2014 - 08:55 AM

The 3D version has more picture info on the sides so it must be 2.35.

So Amazon is wrong with the stated information, why am i not surprised by that.  :lol:

When you take into account that the image will be darker when viewed via the glasses it looks respectable, some film grain is present, detail levels look good, it's probably the usual 2.5D but it doesn't look too bad.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,202 posts

Posted August 27 2014 - 05:45 AM

When you take into account that the image will be darker when viewed via the glasses it looks respectable, some film grain is present, detail levels look good, it's probably the usual 2.5D but it doesn't look too bad.

I assume you own this, then, and have watched it through. How is the depth (as I am sure no pop-out is present, nor should there be)? Does it look like several planes of flat figures, or is there an illusion of roundness?

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted August 27 2014 - 06:04 AM

I assume you own this, then, and have watched it through. How is the depth (as I am sure no pop-out is present, nor should there be)? Does it look like several planes of flat figures, or is there an illusion of roundness?

No i don't own it, i'm going via the screencaps provided in Roland's link, i would not buy this title in 3D, it was shot 2D and that's how i want to view it, same goes for Titanic which i do own, i will only watch the 2D edition and the 3D edition remains in it's case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users