Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Advice on 40 inch TV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hey guys need some advice. I'm looking for a 40 inch tv for my bedroom. I'd like it to be 3D and smart. I guess I can do without the 3D for now if I have to. Just worried that when I'm ready to buy a new tv for my living room in 3 or 4 years 3D won't be a feature anymore. I'm looking in the price range of $500-$600. I noticed a lot of the cheaper tvs have 60hz. Is there a big difference between 60 and 120? Also, I know Samsung is highly recommended but what about other brands? LG? Vizio? Thanks.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 651 posts

Posted August 12 2014 - 09:12 AM

Ok. I've read many of the other threads on here and am willing to forego the 3D and smart features ( I'll wait for all that when I buy a tv for the living room). Right now I'm trying to convince myself that it's only a bedroom tv. Now this is the one I'm considering http://www.bestbuy.c...01001&cp=1&lp=1 . The only problem I have with it is it's only 720p. Is there a big difference from 720 to1080? I plan on watching Blu-Ray movies and DVD movies/TV shows (mostly older classic shows). Would this be better than getting an LED TV?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users