What's new

RIP Robin Williams (1 Viewer)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
This is very sad news and i can relate to it as i too have had periods of bad depression, the last of which was last Xmas, i think it's an illness that is very hard to understand unless you have gone or are going through it, you cannot just snap out of it and when people say those things to you it can make matters worse.

Robin Williams was a fabulous comedian, i laughed out loud at some of his live shows, he was also a very good actor and by all accounts a nice human being, in what is sometimes a cutthroat business with some nasty people, he was one of the good guys, he will be missed.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Very, very sad. He was brilliant, very funny and certainly brought a lot of joy into my life with just about anything he did !

RIP Robin Williams - you will be missed

Regards

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

I read an interview with him years ago where he openly spoke about his upbringing and social anxiety that led to depression. I truly believe his personal life was very different from his public life.

Grew up with this guy -- from the time of Mork and Mindy to his move to the big screen. This is one shit-ton of difficult to take.

I want a do-over for this day. And this part doesn't happen.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can't imagine my childhood or early teen years without Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji or The Birdcage. This is just shocking. I wonder how Bobcat Goldthwait, who directed him in World's Greatest Dad, which had been one of the funniest comedies he had made in years by that time, must be feeling right now.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Shocking and sad news.

I wish he had done some more serious roles.

R.I.P., man.

michael deakin

Deceased Member
Real Name
Michael Charles Deakin
Shocked and Very Sad. God bless you Robin you always brought a smile to my face, And I know wherever you are is now a much better place.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The passing of Robin is huge to me. I am so incredibly saddened by this. Thank you Robin, for all the joy you brought me.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just watching others watching and laughing at Williams was something special.

Another comedy hero of mine gone. Like Jonathan Winters, Walter Matthau and so many other greats. Endless list.

If there is life after death it's a funny place.

RIP

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
303506_10151146267507779_1725214137_n.jpg

1012515_10151743308562779_192641843_n.jpg

308319_10151138505757779_1250620646_n.jpg

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I remember reading about how, after harrowing Schindler's List shooting days, an extremely-depressed Spielberg would call Williams from Poland.

He'd ask him to do comedy bits over the phone to cheer him up. Spielberg percieved Williams as the only person that could pull him out of the abyss.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Incredibly shocking news. He was a terrific comedian but I thought he was just as great in dramas like INSOMNIA or the black(er) comedy WORLDS GREATEST DAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks