What's new

Better Call Saul (AMC) - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Man, I hope they slow down a bit. At this rate, we're as few as six hundred and eighty-seven thousand promos away from having the whole premiere spoiled:

In other news, Robert Forster confirms he will appear in the show. Don't know to what extent yet.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Contains brand-new footage, and premiered this past weekend during AMC's Breaking Bad marathon:

Lyrics by Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould. (Saul defending someone arrested for child molestation? And here I was thinking this was going to be lighter than BrBa.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Series premiere date is set:

Sunday, February 8th, at 10 PM (immediately following The Walking Dead). However, it will then immediately move to Mondays on the very next night (February 9th), for its regular timeslot.

http://www.time.com/3598450/better-call-saul-premiere/

Plus a brand-new TV spot (and series logo):

Just watched some other clips for this show, and it's clear the writers are having a blast.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Looking forward to it, although I fear it will be more procedural than serialized and have a "case of the week" which would really suck.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm excited for the show, but is it wrong that my inner cynic is already wondering if AMC will invent the "quarter season finale" this time around?

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'll check it out.

The show needs to distance itself from Breaking Bad and establish its own identity quickly for long term success. It will be interesting to see how successful they will be at doing so.

My biggest worry is Saul is one of those characters that may work best in small doses.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Did anyone else catch the sneak-peek preview scene we got last night during The Walking Dead? Spoilers:

Mike meets Saul!

Also, another new 30-second ad spot/tone-piece:

Very surprising to learn that this series will basically be 80% drama and only 20% comedy. Don't get me wrong, Odenkirk will knock it out of the park, but different from what I was expecting.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The titles of the first five episodes, along with a one-sentence synopsis of each, have been released. These synopses are incredibly vague, but the choice to read them should be yours:

Episode 1.01 - Uno

Jimmy tries an unconventional method for pursuing potential clients.

Episode 1.02 - Mijo

Jimmy’s troubles escalate, leaving him in dire straits; carelessness puts Chuck at risk.

Episode 1.03 - Nacho

Jimmy is eager to prove that his dangerous client is innocent.

Episode 1.04 - Hero

Jimmy must face consequences when his relationships become strained.

Episode 1.05 - Jello

Alarming news disrupts Jimmy’s efforts at drumming up new business.

Somewhere, Matthew Weiner applauds at those vague descriptions. ("Events transpire. 43 min Closed Captioned.")

My all-time favorite LOLWTF vague description was Breaking Bad's "Granite State," which was: "Everyone struggles to adapt to changing circumstances," or something close to that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe this show is only a week away.

joshEH said:
Somewhere, Matthew Weiner applauds at those vague descriptions. ("Events transpire. 43 min Closed Captioned.")

My all-time favorite LOLWTF vague description was Breaking Bad's "Granite State," which was: "Everyone struggles to adapt to changing circumstances," or something close to that.
If you read the solicitations for The Walking Dead comic book, they're masterpieces in saying nothing- "Things grow worse", "Whispers lead to fear", "A breaking point is reached", etc.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
AMC has released a web comic concerning Saul and Mike that takes place during Breaking Bad Season 2. It's meant to shed some light on their relationship, which always begged questions. (Namely: How was Mike Saul's on-demand cleaner/P.I. and head of security for Gus?)

They even tie into a Season 2 deleted scene where Saul gets a yearbook showing that Walt's a high school teacher. See it at 2:33 below:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks