What's new

Center speakers (1 Viewer)

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Is the NSC310 the "best for voice clarity.? I,m new to this forum, been having a lot of trouble understand the voice clarity on my new samsung 75". Been driving me nuts.

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
I have a yamaha rx_v377 receiver. Pioneer spc22 center. 2 polktl1900 side speakers. They seem to be not very good quality.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So it isn't the TV, itself, you can't hear.First things first.How is the 377 connected?Correctly with it being the hub.Or incorrectly with the TV as the hub? Yes those speakers are small. Small usually leads to "I can't hear legibly".I would look into larger speakers such as Polk Monitors or the TSi line. That way you can utilize the current Polk as rear channel(or keep them in front with the DSP program the 377 has).

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Polk tsi sc10 seem to have good reviews. Is their anything clearer in your opinion. Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"Clear" is a matter of perspective. I have 4 HT and 3 soundbars(yep, 7 rooms with a TV).My 4 centers...Polk from the mid 90s. The model number tag fell off long ago. It is a single tweeter and single woofer. The woofet is 5.5 inches. DCM SurroundScape. Coaxial design with a 6.5 inch woofer.BIC V62. Looks MTM, but isn't. One 6.5" is a passive radiator. Home made speaker(that doubles as a TV stand) made from the guts of an Infinity 3006(tweeter, midrange and two 8" woofers).The sound bars are BA TVee25 and one Panasonic (the Panny is actually one of those large CD/ipod wall systems. It has a digital input).Do they all sound the same? Not even close.Nobody ever complains they can't hear though.

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
Hello Sam, I meant to mention, my 377 is the hub. Your reply to my last question was way above my head, I' fairly new to audio equipment. I am just trying to clearly understand the dialog on movies. Thanks again, Bill

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What i was attempting to relay...Nobody hears the same as someone else. Better speakers is a junk phrase(at times). Essentially, your ears do not like these speakers.The SC10 I have not heard. I will bet it will be better. I would also purchase a pair of TSi mains(what those are is your choice...bookshelf or tower).

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Did you properly "calibrate" the receiver? That means set the speaker distances, volumes and crossover settings. The receivers YPAO feature will do that for you.

You can also try increasing just the center speakers volume level, also called the "Trim" level. Often times the center speakers volume is set a little too low for most listeners. Increasing it a bit can sometimes help.

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
I had a company come in and adjust it, by ear, no improvement. So I got the Manuel and tried to do it myself. It said to hook up a hdmi cable to the receiver to get on screen data . Wouldn't come on screen. I'll try again. I did find the microphone and hooked it up. I'm not familiar with audio adjustments. Thanks Bill

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Besides having the receiver properly calibrated you might want to see if your center channel speaker is aimed towards ear level as if it is not that has been known to effect the sound.

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
schan1269 said:
Wait. How do you have this connected...and what are the sources?
I recently got a harmony universal remote, did away with the other five. It all runs through that. The sources are DVD watch tv. Listen to radio. Watch Apple TV Smart hub. I also have a speaker controller to select different ceiling speakers or add on tv speakers.

B8l@

Grip
Real Name
Bill
schan1269 said:
schan1269 said:
I recently got a harmony universal remote, did away with the other five. It all runs through that. The sources are DVD watch tv. Listen to radio. Watch Apple TV Smart hub. I also have a speaker controller to select different ceiling speakers or add on tv speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Component(not Components. What you thought I meant as "components", not as I typed it component, are your sources) video is the red/green/blue...marked "Component Video".

We can't help you till you read your owner's manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks