Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Oklahoma (Blu-ray) Single Available for Preorder

Fox

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 ONLINE   AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke

Screenwriter

• 1,218 posts
  • LocationWoodend Victoria Australia

Posted September 08 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hi John

As I've mentioned before, I find the sound level fine on both my systems and the sound quality absolutely fine.

My only quibble is that because the output level is so low that the sound level has to be cranked right up, it's a real pain where I sit down to have to constantly adjust volume levels when I switch audio tracks as I often do, to toggle between soundrack and optional commentary track.

cheers

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   Ken Koc

Ken Koc

Supporting Actor

• 935 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 08:24 AM

What strange defensive comment since I did not mention any names  I said elitists..and this controversy has been going on for months.

Ken

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,865 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 09:53 AM

I was under the impression that almost every Blu-ray player has something like dynamic range control or some similar function? Couldn't that be of some help especially when switching between the film sound track and the commentary track?In any case I will soon, being the elitist that I am ;), be able to watch Oklahoma as a glorious 4k DCP so my next viewing in a home video format may not even be on Blu-ray after this experience. Depending when it is available I may as well go straight to Oklahoma on 4k lu-ray in a few years when I want to rewatch it!

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   john a hunter

john a hunter

Supporting Actor

• 670 posts

Posted September 09 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hi John

As I've mentioned before, I find the sound level fine on both my systems and the sound quality absolutely fine.

My only quibble is that because the output level is so low that the sound level has to be cranked right up, it's a real pain where I sit down to have to constantly adjust volume levels when I switch audio tracks as I often do, to toggle between soundrack and optional commentary track.

cheers

If the only problem you have Anthony, is the level I would suggest as Oliver says and  you check your player which ,I presume , is doing the conversion from multichannel to stereo. I think you listen in Stereo, right?

The level is a bit lower than some BD'S but in my experience not appreciably so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users