Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Jamo E 6CEN sounding dull

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   maddog_1

maddog_1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hi guys

I'm new here

I have a Jamo E 6CEN speaker , i have noticed this past year the sound has become dull. My floorstanding speakers Jamo E670 have better sound in the top end. I have been trying to find what tweeter and woofers i can put into it to make it sound better. The part number for the tweeter is 20137 and the woofer is 20638.

The ohm indepence for the whole unit is 6 ohm, but the woofers are 4 ohm . Plus i have noticed in the manual it say 2 woofers , 2 midrange woofers but when i looked its all the same part number . The tweeter i was a bit shocked by when i seen it , it looks like a very cheap tweeter that you find in in $10 speakers

its got 4 woofers and one tweeter

My receiver is integra 6.8

Mark

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,468 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted August 07 2014 - 07:41 PM

Have you checked to make sure a wire hasn't fallen off inside?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   maddog_1

maddog_1

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 07:51 PM

Hi , yes there is sound coming from all woofers and tweeter. i have had them since 2002 and its recently gone dull , like there is no high freg from the tweeter,

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted August 08 2014 - 05:21 AM

I have been trying to find what tweeter and woofers i can put into it to make it sound better.

You can't just put random speakers in and expect it to sound better.  The cabinet would built with the speakers in mind.  The crossover was designed for those specific speakers. 

Hi , yes there is sound coming from all woofers and tweeter. i have had them since 2002 and its recently gone dull , like there is no high freg from the tweeter,

Do you have any type of measuring equipment to test with?  Even an SPL meter would be helpful.  Is this happening on both speakers or just one?  Have you checked your crossover for leaky capacitors?

As you get older, you slowly lose the ability to hear high frequencies.  Have you had your hearing tested?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users