What's new

Edgar Wallace Collection Volume III coming from Retromedia 10/14 (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Attachments

• 71mfYP5DH6L__SL1000_.jpg
    71mfYP5DH6L__SL1000_.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 36

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
These should be an upgrade over my Sinister cinema discs . Nice . Thanks for the heads up .

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Thanks for that David. I have bought loads of the Edgar Wallace UK releases but these German films had bypassed me. I have just ordered Volumes 1 & 2. Looking forward to viewing them and then Vol 3 in due course. Great cover art.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have them all myself - the three Volumes and I have the Sinister Cinema ones as well.
The cover is excellent ! I hope Fred goes for a 4th Volume as well
By the way, the back cover of this volume was written by me (shameless plug but this was a first and means a LOT to me) and Im very happy about this ! :)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I have most of the Region 2 German Wallace krimi titles and they are stunning transfers. Most, but not all have English subs. The ones that don't I need to try and find elsewhere. It would be great if this new Retromedia release included two of the non-sub ones I need. Will have to check. Thanks to David for news of this release.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Inn on the River and the Terrible People are the two films on this set. I don't know if the German release of these were English friendly. Ive seen the sets , some are English friendly while others aren't, but the PQ is reportedly excellent.
I cant wait to stack this one next to my other two Volumes :)

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
On Amazon they say these three are widescreen, but fail to say if they are anamorphic 1.66:1/whatever - can anyone let me know?

JeffT.

Deceased Member
edgar-wallace-mysteries-logo.jpg

Yeah! I'd like to know if these are anamorphic widescreen (enhanced for 16x9 tv screens) video transfers as well.

There are only 2 sets with 4 films currently in release in this particular DVD series. Are these all English dubbed or English subtitled?

Don't go cold and leave us hanging now!

Speaking of Teutonic mystery films I wish a good DVD (or bluray) release of SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DEADLY NECKLACE (1962) with Christopher Lee were made available in all of its digitally remastered and anamorphic widescreen magnificience.

Mit das Deutsch Edgar Wallace krimi klunker (rocks)!

Thank you.

Jeff T.

:rolleyes:

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Well I have the Retromedia DVD of the Blancheville Monster aka Horror and that was anamorphic...Id guess that it would be the same..

All the sets are English dubbed

Edit - Fred Olen Ray told me its 16 x 9 , he replied to my inquiry -

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks