Posted August 07 2014 - 05:07 AM

Mostly for watching movies, and play ps4 games

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,922 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted August 07 2014 - 06:24 AM

I assume you've already done this? Is there anything in the comparison chart that you don't fully understand? Are there any features you feel are "must haves"?

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel Veliz

Miguel Veliz

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 06:27 AM

Yes i did that, but didnt get much info besides that they all use different dimming technologies.. 

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,922 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted August 07 2014 - 06:37 AM

Most of the "features" are things that, as a gamer, you'll likely want to disable anyway. Smooth motion, etc. just introduces lag. Too bad plasmas are hard to come by - that would be your best option.

When it comes to LCD displays, full backlighting is preferred to edge-lit. If you can find store displays that you can not only view, but adjust the settings and tweak the picture that would be ideal - that way you know what you're getting. Even better if you can try a game system on one of them.

For me personally, I'm not all that into the 4k thing, and the idea of a curved screen doesn't excite me, either. I would tend to favor the least expensive option - provided I was certain that I could completely disable any image smoothing feature (i.e. not just set it to a "minimum" level). That also pockets some extra cash for the audio system - which I think lots of people under-budget after springing $2k+ for a display (to me, there are few things worse than a $2k display paired with a $500 sound system...).

I know this isn't terribly helpful - my last display purchase was a Panny plasma late last year after they started to disappear from stores. Honestly, it's the best display I've ever owned and I'm glad I grabbed one when I did. I haven't much experience with LCD displays...

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Miguel Veliz

Miguel Veliz

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted August 07 2014 - 07:45 AM

Gotcha, makes sense.. For audio i'll be using a sound bar.. ill be using specifically the Samsung H550 soundbar... The TV will go in the living room of a 1000 sq ft apartment, so cant really put a bigger sound system cuz the neighbors will kill me.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users