Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series - 11/4/14

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
511 replies to this topic

#501 of 512 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted December 17 2014 - 09:52 PM

I started watching my Bilko set tonight, started with Season 2 (since I already watched Season 1 from the CBS release. I was surprised to see the new Shout! on screen logo - definitely an upgrade from that annoying logo they used to use.

Meanwhile, this show is very funny, and I am glad to finally have this complete set. So far, the video quality has been good. Seeing this again makes me wish we could get some of the other 50's comedies - still a number of good shows left from that era unreleased. Shout!, VEI, MPI, Timeless - please help us out. Fox - wake up and release The Life of Riley, or license it out.

Besides "Riley"  : People's Choice , Topper, December Bride , Pete And Gladys , Love That Bob, Amos And Andy, It's Great Life , My Little Margie , I Married Joan, Father Of The Bride , Margie , Bringing Up Buddy,  Bill Dana Show , Happy,  The Trouble With Father , Beulah, and others. Most of these shows had more than one season. Who knows if we'll ever see any of them ?

#502 of 512 OFFLINE   bmasters9

bmasters9

Second Unit

• 365 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 01:28 AM

I started watching my Bilko set tonight, started with Season 2 (since I already watched Season 1 from the CBS release. I was surprised to see the new Shout! on screen logo - definitely an upgrade from that annoying logo they used to use.

What was annoying about their old logo, in your opinion?

"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's opening from The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season, modified from what it was in 1985, in that "other financial services" was said instead of just "financial services")

#503 of 512 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 03:17 AM

Some great shows in that list, Lou. A few of those, I have never seen, but I'd be happy to give them a try.

#504 of 512 OFFLINE   ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 586 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 03:21 AM

What was annoying about their old logo, in your opinion?

Too loud, too long. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

• bmasters9 likes this

#505 of 512 OFFLINE   BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,689 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted December 18 2014 - 12:35 PM

Too loud, too long. Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

That only annoys me if it's unskipable (or can't be FF through).

• bmasters9 likes this

#506 of 512 OFFLINE   Dan McW

Dan McW

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 01:10 PM

Inspired by Mike Frezon, I sent FYE an e-mail Dec. 10 with my USPS tracking number showing that they received my return of Ardennes Fury on Dec. 1. They replied the next day that my return was received and checked in, that they had issued me a full refund, and that I should wait 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed. The refund was credited to my debit card/bank account this past Monday, the 15th.

#507 of 512 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,228 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 19 2014 - 01:22 PM

I inspired someone!!!   :biggrin:

=============

Seriously, congrats, Dan! 

This one was a lesson for me to use PayPal when I suspect things might not go according to Hoyle.  Glad I did.  It expedited that part of the transaction (the actual refund).

• MarkA likes this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#508 of 512 OFFLINE   rmw650

rmw650

Screenwriter

• 1,051 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 05:20 PM

Like i said guys, if you know you're in the right, then feel mighty proud for doing as such and working towards attaining the benefits you so richly deserve. Hell, it's your money and if they did you wrong, you just act upon it and glad all this craziness is finally getting rectified at a lot of our ends.

#509 of 512 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,368 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 05:49 PM

I have not cracked open the set yet as I have been watching other shows on dvd or have I been busy with work related issues!

#510 of 512 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 187 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 07:27 PM

I am so pleased that this classic series has made it out on DVD with all its episodes on one set.  It was a great favourite with the British public.  So is there a chance that the New Phil Silvers show could get a DVD release? 

#511 of 512 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,585 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 08:26 PM

POPULAR

I now own this set, thanks to the generosity of a good friend!

Gary "early Christmas present" O.
  • bmasters9, BobO'Link, Professor Echo and 2 others like this
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#512 of 512 OFFLINE   LouA

LouA

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts
  • LocationNew jersey

Posted December 20 2014 - 01:29 PM

I am so pleased that this classic series has made it out on DVD with all its episodes on one set.  It was a great favourite with the British public.  So is there a chance that the New Phil Silvers show could get a DVD release? 

That would be really nice , but it seems like a long shot  . It might actually be more of a possibility in Britain where Silvers is better remembered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users