13 replies to this topic

#1 of 14 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,586 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 08:25 AM

ModernFamilyS5FinalKeyArt3D.jpg

“Modern Family” Season Five

Wedding bells are ringing in Season Five of “Modern Family,” the hilariously heartfelt winner of four consecutive Emmy® Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series. As Cam and Mitch bicker over plans for their big day, the rest of the family has its hands full adapting to new jobs, new schools, and a new male nanny. There are babysitting disasters, an anniversary to celebrate, misguided male bonding, and everything from high-stakes poker to high-maintenance in-laws. Join the Pritchett-Dunphy clan for the wedding of the year, and share the honesty, love and laughter with America’s favorite family.

Special Features 
A “Modern Family” Vacation: Behind-the-Scenes in Australia
A Day on Set with Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Shooting on Location in Vegas
Mitch & Cam’s Wedding: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at How It All Came Together
Extended Version of “The Big Game”
Gag Reel
Deleted and Extended Scenes

“Modern Family” Season Five DVD
Street Date: September 23, 2014
Prebook Date: August 27, 2014
Screen Format: 16:9 (1.78:1)
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Subtitles: English / French / Spanish
Total Run Time: 568 minutes
U.S. Rating: TV-PG
Closed Captioned: Yes

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 14 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted August 05 2014 - 10:49 AM

This is a Fox release, not Sony. :)

#3 of 14 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 05 2014 - 12:45 PM

And just as we suspected - DVD with no Blu-ray release this year.

#4 of 14 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,202 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 05 2014 - 01:13 PM

And just as we suspected - DVD with no Blu-ray release this year.

Whaaaaaat?

Why did we suspect that, Matt?  And why no Blu?

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#5 of 14 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,244 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:14 PM

No Blu is very disappointing. This is the first I've heard of this concern,but I easily could have missed a previous discussion . This is one of my favorite sitcoms and hope the studio reconsiders.
  • MatthewA likes this
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#6 of 14 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 04:23 PM

No Blu is very disappointing. This is the first I've heard of this concern,but I easily could have missed a previous discussion . This is one of my favorite sitcoms and hope the studio reconsiders.

It shouldn't be surprising. Fox has no idea how to push Blu-ray television. Most people who purchased the show probably had no idea it was on Blu-ray to begin with, and there is the biggest problem.

Notice that all their cable shows (like American Horror Story and Vikings) do gangbusters on Blu-ray by comparison. I'm sure Fargo will also sell very very well. But comedy shows generally fight an uphill battle to get released on Blu-ray to begin with, and remember, this is the studio that has yet to release 24 on Blu-ray as a complete series. That should have been remastered and put out as one of their first TV releases, period.

#7 of 14 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,026 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 05 2014 - 06:27 PM

Mike, speculation about possibilities and rumors popped up in a different thread in this forum a week or so ago, and both Bones and Modern Family were rumored to be going the DVD route. I wondered if Glee would also only be DVD this year owing to the sinking of its ratings this season.

#8 of 14 mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 130 posts

Posted August 05 2014 - 07:33 PM

Boo Hiss......to 20th Century Fox for pulling this stunt......no Blu Ray!!!  Looks like they are doing this to all their T.V. series ....."Modern Family", "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", "Bones" and they aren't even doing a complete Blu-Ray set of "24"? 

If they are doing this to their modern t.v. show series.....I guess we can forget the classic t.v. series they own ever to be Blu Ray? (example: "Mary Tyler Moore Show", in which Fox took forever just to release on DVD!!!)

Very disappointed!!!  :( 

• MatthewA likes this

#9 of 14 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,202 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2014 - 01:25 PM

POPULAR

This will be pretty easy for me to say "No Blu-ray, No Sale."

I'm not about to stick a DVD of Modern Family: S5 on my shelf next to the Blus of Seasons 1-4.  Especially when there's always the chance that a Blu release may be coming out later?!?

Not gonna happen.

That's crazy.

And now I'm pissed as I look back at the OP and read about deleted and extended scenes and the behind the scenes look at the wedding.  Grrrrrrrrrrr!

• MatthewA, Steve...O and mrz7 like this

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#10 of 14 Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,244 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 04:49 PM

+1 to Mike's post.  I have the S1 - S4 BDs as well.

• MatthewA likes this
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#11 of 14 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,202 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted August 06 2014 - 09:46 PM

+1 to Mike's post.  I have the S1 - S4 BDs as well.

We read it all the time on these pages.  "How can we show the studios that we want a certain product if we aren't willing to show it by buying (supporting) that product?"

Yet, here we are...having purchased the first four seasons of Modern Family on Blu-ray...only to have Fox decide, "Nope, no more Blu for you!" 

:thumbsdown:

• Walter Kittel and MatthewA like this

#12 of 14 McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 213 posts

Posted August 06 2014 - 10:37 PM

We read it all the time on these pages.  "How can we show the studios that we want a certain product if we aren't willing to show it by buying (supporting) that product?"

Yet, here we are...having purchased the first four seasons of Modern Family on Blu-ray...only to have Fox decide, "Nope, no more Blu for you!" 

And the Catch-22 is, if you buy the DVD, it just proves that they were right to release the DVD. Without a Blu-ray release, there is no way to show that you want the season on BD.

All fans can do is write to Fox and try and convince them to release the season on BD.

#13 of 14 MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,176 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted August 07 2014 - 08:47 AM

Agreed. No Blu-ray, no sale, and considering this is the season where

Spoiler
it's not only insulting, but offensive.

The show airs in HD. You can buy episodes in HD from iTunes. Yet no Blu-ray even though I bought all four seasons.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I will not support anything your company produces until then.

#14 of 14 Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,374 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted August 09 2014 - 01:08 AM

Agreed. No Blu-ray, no sale, and considering this is the season where

Spoiler
it's not only insulting, but offensive.

The show airs in HD. You can buy episodes in HD from iTunes. Yet no Blu-ray even though I bought all four seasons.

That's a drag, I have a box of the the first three seasons on Blu-ray. The BBC are doing this a lot in the UK, so you never see shows looking as good as when they were broadcast.

I see all the House MD seasons are getting a Blu-ray release at long last, but in Europe, not America yet. Maybe TV shows don't see that well on Blu-ray, all the people involved in making them can't be very happy, as I'm sure they want their work seen at its best.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users