Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Lionsgate Press Release: Adventures of the Wilderness Family Triple Feature

Lionsgate

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,294 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:46 AM

3659.png

[color=#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11pt;text-align:justify;]A modern day family becomes bored with the hassles of the city life in Los Angeles and moves to the Rocky Mountains to start a new journey together in the Lionsgate Home Entertainment release of [/color]Adventures Of The Wilderness Family Triple Feature [color=#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11pt;text-align:justify;]arriving on DVD October 7[/color]th[color=#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11pt;text-align:justify;]. All three films are currently available in stunning High Definition on Digital HD and Video on Demand. Endorsed by the Dove Foundation as "Family Approved," this timeless G-rated film speaks to the heart of family togetherness. Join the Robinson family as they embark on suspenseful, exhilarating adventures in the timeless three-movie collection, [/color]Adventures Of The Wilderness Family Triple Feature. [color=#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:11pt;text-align:justify;]The set will be available on DVD for the suggested retail price of $14.98.[/color]

ADVENTURES OF THE WILDERNESS FAMILY SYNOPSIS:
Skip Robinson and his wife Pat, along with their two children, Jenny and Toby, begin an incredible encounter with nature. After building a log cabin in a peaceful mountainous area, the family befriends a pair of bear cubs and is menaced by a ferocious grizzly. Share all the excitement with your family by collecting the first movie in the Wilderness Family trilogy. 

ADVENTURES OF THE WILDERNESS FAMILY 2 SYNOPSIS:
This heart-pounding sequel continues the saga of the family who chose to live in their peaceful log cabin home in the Rockies over fast-paced big-city life. They now face terrifying times in fierce winter storms, an avalanche and being attacked by a ferocious pack of hungry wolves. Watch as America's favorite family stands strong together to prove that the best things in life are really free. 

ADVENTURES OF THE WILDERNESS FAMILY 3 SYNOPSIS:
In the final chapter, the Robinson family now faces the bureaucracy of the United States Forest Service. Set against the glorious wilderness background that only nature could create, the entire family must stand firm in their commitment to keep their Rocky Mountains home. Will a strange twist of fate and an old mountain prospector help the Mountain Family Robinson?

CAST

Robert F. Logan - Patriots, Man Outside, Born to Race, Scorpion

Susan Damante Shaw - TV's "Falcon Crest," The Student Teachers 

Hollye Holmes -   Feature Film Debut

Ham Larsen - An Enemy of the People
George "Buck" Flower - Back to the FutureThey LiveThe Curse of the Komodo, TV's "Power Ranger Time Force"

PROGRAM INFORMATION - Adventures of the Wilderness Family
Year of Production: 1975

Title Copyright:Adventures of the Wilderness Family © 2012, Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2014 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Type: Catalog 

Rating: G

Genre:  Adventure

Closed Captioned: English

Subtitles: English and Spanish 

Feature Run Time: 98 minutes

Format: 16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)

Audio Status: 5.1 Dolby Digital

PROGRAM INFORMATION - Adventures of the Wilderness Family 2

Year of Production: 1978

Title Copyright:Adventures of the Wilderness Family 2 © 2012, Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2014 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Genre: Adventure

Feature Run Time: 104 minutes

PROGRAM INFORMATION - Adventures of the Wilderness Family 3

Year of Production: 1979

Title Copyright:Adventures of the Wilderness Family 3 © 2012, Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2014 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Genre:  Adventure

Feature Run Time: 102 minutes

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Lead Actor

• 6,537 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted September 19 2014 - 05:17 PM

Wonderful.  Saw most of these in the theater when I was little.  Will definitely be picking this up.

I'm wondering if one of these has the scene when Logan (i believe) jumping off a cliff and a dog jumping after him into the water below.  The scene is completely shocking and gasp inducing from what I remember.  I beleive the dog is credited at the end as "{name} the jumping dog" or something.  He was a professional cliff jumper, that dog.  :)

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 731 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 04:42 AM

I may pick this up at some point too. I don't think my kids have seen these. I think they would like them.

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Lead Actor

• 6,537 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 04:55 AM

Put up a link and we can buy it through HTF.  ;) 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Lead Actor

• 6,537 posts

Posted October 17 2014 - 11:41 AM

Well, I went on ahead and ordered this from an amazon seller.  There's a single review there that kind of sold me.  Looking forward to seeing this again after what seems like 100 years. 

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 6,135 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted October 17 2014 - 07:13 PM

It's a good transfer of all three movies. I wish it was on two DVD's instead of one, but it really is a good DVD.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Lead Actor

• 6,537 posts

Posted October 18 2014 - 08:35 AM

I agree, 1 disc bothers me.  But I'll give it a chance.  It's awfully cheap.  $12.50 total through the marketplace seller.  I could make a very long list of stuff I'd like to get from the time for that little bit of mo. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users