What's new

Seinfeld Season 4 - why is the only season without updated packaging? (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
All other seasons were updated a couple years ago to standard DVD packaging, except this one... as far as I can tell and what's odd is that I would think it's the show's best season.

Anyone have any insight?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd guess that the store or chain that you're looking at had so many original packaging copies in their warehouse that they haven't had to restock with the 'new' packaging yet. Or maybe Sony themselves have so many in their warehouses that they haven't had to make new ones yet.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
It could be possibly the second part. It's not just any store I've been to. Looking at the release dates on Amazon and it's the only one not to have a recent release date (and two different products listed - the original release from a decade ago and a more recent one). I would think this would be the season that they would have sold the most copies of too....

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I noticed the same thing every time I peruse the TV section at Best Buy. All of the seasons except 4 are in keep cases.

Wezzo

Second Unit
albert_m2 said:
It could be possibly the second part. It's not just any store I've been to. Looking at the release dates on Amazon and it's the only one not to have a recent release date (and two different products listed - the original release from a decade ago and a more recent one). I would think this would be the season that they would have sold the most copies of too....
I guess that Sony thought the same as you - as the most popular/famous season, it would sell really well - and it ended up selling a smaller number, maybe less than S1-3. I guess they then judged sales for S5+ better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks