What's new

The Mike Tyson Mysteries (Adult Swim) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
There is absolutely NO FREAKING WAY this ISN'T going to be great....

In Mike Tyson Mysteries, a new half-hour animated adult comedy series, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets...by solving mysteries! Aided by the Mike Tyson Mystery Team -- the Ghost of the Marquess of Queensbury, Mike's adopted Korean daughter, and a pigeon who was once a man -- Mike Tyson will answer any plea sent to him. If you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner.

The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his team gear up for weekly adventures, as they put unsolved mysteries down for the count. The series stars Mike Tyson, Norm Macdonald (Saturday Night Live), Rachel Ramras (MADtv), and Jim Rash (The Way Way Back, Community). Mike Tyson Mysteries is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
Holy shit. Can you imagine pitching this series?!? Wow.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
When is this on? The link has no info and you didn't include any either.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Loved this. Tyson seems to be in on the joke and delivers, but it's Rash and MacDonald who steal the show.

Seriously, the Marquess and Pigeon criticizing Cormac McCarthy's writing was the highlight for me (as well as Tyson's constant mangling of McCarthy's name). And McCarthy being a horseman/pegasus makes so much sense, now that I think about it.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I loved it. Didn't strike me as the same level of genius that I got from Rick & Morty last year (or Netflix's Bojack Horseman,) but I laughed hard last night and am looking forward to this show each week now!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I really enjoyed the first episode.
I too loved Tyson mangling of McCarthy's name and chupacabra.
Definitely watch more episodes.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I saw the episode with the astronaut killings. It had its moments, but it's nothing special IMO.

It's certainly no Rick & Morty!

On a related note, they've been running a very strange short film called "Too Many Cooks" in the Robot Chicken time slot. Freaky stuff.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I thought the Tyson cartoon was funny and I usually hate everything on Adult Swim, especially "Too Many Cooks"! Talk about a one joke premise that wasn't funny.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Annnnnd....it's a Scooby-Doo-and-clones parody. :rolleyes:

Look, you GOT the Final Solution you wanted, Swim; you staged your little network beer-putsch and packed all the 70's Hanna-Barbera reruns off to the camps ten years ago, now you're just torturing yourselves with your own personal childhood-demons now that they're no longer around to beat up and harrass--What do you freakin' want from them anymore??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks