What's new

Hollywood Take Note: Catalog Titles Hotter Than Ever (1 Viewer)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Top 10 Sales At Diabolikdvd.com a popular independent online retailer:

10) Bloody Moon. A sleazy Italian slasher/giallo hybrid from the early 80's
9) Runaway Nightmare. A weird, no-budget and genre-defying DIY film, 1980's
8) Breakheart Pass. Charles Bronson period action film from 1976
7) The Killer Reserved Nine Seats. Another Italian horror flick, from the early 70's. Unseen in the US until now.
6) Deadly Eyes A Canadian killer rat movie. Or should I say, Daschunds disguised as rats.
5) Possession. Another Italian flick from the early 80's. Don't know much about this one except it's a horror film
4) Sorceress Low budget Roger Corman fantasy flick featuring Playboy Playmate twin girls who can't act if their lives depended on it. It's currently sold out
3) Curtains. Another one from our friends north of the (US) border. This one is a holy grail among horror enthusiasts.
2) Nekromantik A German sleazefest from 1987
1) Cannibal Holocaust 'Nuff said.

This is by no means meant to suggest that exploitation films are the only catalog titles that are selling and I'm not suggesting that this paints an accurate picture of the state of physical media (or catalog titles) in general. I just wanted to throw these stats out there to drive home the message (I know studio reps visit these forums) that people are buying these movies and, judging by sellouts and retailers having trouble keeping these titles in stock, want more of them.

It's also worth mentioning that many of these titles (I own 8 of the ones listed above) have been completely restored and look fantastic. Puts a lot of studio stuff to shame.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I do agree that catalog titles are being treated very well at the moment, which would seem to dispel the doom-and-gloom predications of the naysayers. This is not bound to last forever, but while TT and Kino and Criterion and Shout continue to add to their 60's-70's-80's titles, we are the thankful beneficiaries.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh yeah...I found the Femalien "franchise" on BD a while back. I forget who decided to do that one...and I forget where I found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks