Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Person of Interest (Season 4)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#201 of 202 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,858 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted April 16 2015 - 05:15 PM

I watched the first half of this episode right before bed last night, half asleep already, and I had to watch the whole thing over again this morning to decipher the three time periods of the episode and the slowly crumbling divide between what objectively happened and what was going on in Reese's head.

It was a framework we've seen before on plenty of other shows, but it was a more awkward fit here where the framing device of the Machine usually keeps things so orderly and regimented that we not only know something objectively happened but we know exactly when it happened. The dramatic scaling back of that framing device threw me off kilter as much as anything else.

All of that being said, I'm glad they brought Taraji P. Henson back for this episode because the forced romantic angle between Reese and Carter in the episode where Carter was shot to death never sat right with me. This episode left their relationship at the right place: a very deep friendship between two people with important touchstones of common biographical experience. In those final scenes, where Henson was playing the angel of death as much as she was Carter, she just knocked it out of the park.

#202 of 202 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,659 posts

Posted Today, 06:53 PM

Last night's episode was the second time this TV season that I've been jarred by Aasif Mandvi showing up in a dramatic role on a CBS show.

One thing about this episode that bugged me about the episode was that most of the companies in which Khan invested took major losses.   So, did he sell right away?  Or did Samaritan make him sell?  You'd think that there would have been more notice about some of the companies.  His character seems too intelligent to have been that vulnerable.  

In any case, I agree with some of the sentiments above that the tide needs to turn against Samaritan.  I also think Root or John should have at least injured Martine more if not killed her - seemed to be sloppy writing to keep her around longer.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users