Person of Interest (Season 4)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,657 posts

Posted July 27 2014 - 06:45 PM

Kind of early, but here is the first preview of Season 4 from Comic Con.  Needless to say, big time spoilers if you have not watched season 3 of POI.  

Video: Comic-Con 2014 Person of Interest Season 3 Highlight Reel and Season 4 Sneak Peak

As an aside, I was down on the last season during the front end, but (for me) the show really stepped up its game in the second half of the season and I am very excited about the potential for season 4.

- Walter.

Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#2 of 13 Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,140 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 09:57 AM

I hope they do more "Root" central stories. I find her a very fascinating character and always enjoy the show more when she's part of it.

Stan

#3 of 13 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,657 posts

Posted July 28 2014 - 10:26 AM

I hope they do more "Root" central stories. I find her a very fascinating character and always enjoy the show more when she's part of it.

It certainly appears that given the direction the show took in the second half of last season that this will be the case; at least for a while.  I know there was some discussion in the season three thread about Root and trust issues and I kind of shared those concerns; but given what has transpired that seems to have been tabled.  POI has always dealt with shifting allegiances.  

It seems like there is some story potential in contrasting Root and Greer and their approaches to the respective A.I.s.  Something I'd like to see, anyway.

- Walter.

#4 of 13 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,422 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted July 29 2014 - 12:29 AM

I got a kick out of Shaw and Root working the department store makeup counter.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#5 of 13 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,657 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 12:46 AM

Googling POI a little bit more and I checked IMDB to see when it returns for Season 4.

September 23rd, 2014.  As per IMDB the title of the premiere episode is the very apt: Panopticon

From Wikipedia:

The Panopticon is a type of institutional building designed by the English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the late 18th century. The concept of the design is to allow a single watchman to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) inmates of an institution without the inmates being able to tell whether or not they are being watched. Although it is physically impossible for the single watchman to observe all cells at once, the fact that the inmates cannot know when they are being watched means that all inmates must act as though they are watched at all times, effectively controlling their own behaviour constantly.

- Walter.

#6 of 13 jaspeter4eva

jaspeter4eva

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 02:20 AM

Root, root, root - thats all that was going through my head when I saw that teaser vid

#7 of 13 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,879 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 07:25 AM

They way the other machine is being described.  Their really is no way for the team to stop it.  The only resolution I can see is Harold's machine (w/the help from the team) taking over the other machine and stopping it.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#8 of 13 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,114 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted July 29 2014 - 02:56 PM

The only resolution I can see is Harold's machine (w/the help from the team) taking over the other machine and stopping it.

Yes, and that trailer made it pretty clear that our Machine is still out there operating. Samaritan is the bigger, badder bully on the block, but our Machine presumably had time to prepare. But in addition to not having the advanced hardware that Samaritan has, our Machine is hamstrung by the limitations Harold put on it. By contrast, Greer and Decima have done everything in their power to let Samaritan operate freely, as a replacement shadow government.

#9 of 13 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,657 posts

Posted July 29 2014 - 03:33 PM

Yes, and that trailer made it pretty clear that our Machine is still out there operating. Samaritan is the bigger, badder bully on the block, but our Machine presumably had time to prepare. But in addition to not having the advanced hardware that Samaritan has, our Machine is hamstrung by the limitations Harold put on it. By contrast, Greer and Decima have done everything in their power to let Samaritan operate freely, as a replacement shadow government.

One of the questions for me with regards to the merits of "The Machine" vs. "Samaritan" is adaptability.  We know based on what was presented that The Machine was specifically designed to learn since we saw Harold doting over his creation's baby steps in the season two premiere The Contingency.  So for me, the question is whose algorithm is better Harold's or Claypool's?  I know who my money is on. :)

- Walter.

#10 of 13 Bob Gu

Bob Gu

Supporting Actor

• 590 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:06 AM

Do we know how much Greer and Samaritan know about Finch, his other identities, and his billions. In the trailer Finch says he does not have any resources. Has the government seized his accounts? Is Finch just being careful? You would think after decades of hiding, Finch would have scads of cash and collectibles hidden off the grid.

#11 of 13 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,500 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:16 AM

Do we know how much Greer and Samaritan know about Finch, his other identities, and his billions. In the trailer Finch says he does not have any resources. Has the government seized his accounts? Is Finch just being careful? You would think after decades of hiding, Finch would have scads of cash and collectibles hidden off the grid.

You would think so as somebody that really likes to plan his moves.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#12 of 13 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,657 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 07:16 AM

I would imagine that his assets and accounts are still intact, but it is a question of access.  Harold, like the other six individuals has to lay low.  Paraphrasing a portion of Root's monologue at the end of season 3...   We have to become these people.  Because if we don't they will find us and kill us.

I am guessing that Finch is effectively cut off from his wealth, or at least most of it.  Which, assuming that is correct, is one of the more interesting aspects of the new season for me.  Seeing Finch operate outside of his comfort zone.  Of course this is all so much supposition.  We'll find out soon enough.

- Walter. 

#13 of 13 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,085 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted August 18 2014 - 06:46 PM

I still have season 3 on my dvr. Guess I need to get to know it soon.
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users