What's new

ALIEN 35th Anniversary blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
Dr Griffin said:
Yes, the transfer was great. Maybe 4K? There can't possibly be more extras, can there?
I asked Charles de Lauzirika about that years ago, and he said they pretty much showed us every frame of footage they could find.

All I can think of that's missing is an interview with Yaphet Kotto. CdL said Ian Holm politely declined to be interviewed, but Yaphet was gung-ho. However, their schedules just couldn't align by deadline.

Still, I'll be watching closely! :)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"There can't possibly be more extras, can there?"Probably the only one I could think of would be the solo audio commentary from Sigourney (or perhaps from Ridley & Sigourney). Maybe some Alien fans have more ideas, though?

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
TravisR said:
I don't know when it's coming but there's a new Alien video game (featuring the Nostromo characters) on the way so maybe this is just a re-release of the existing discs to tie-in with the game?
That game (Alien Isolation, about which I'm very excited, even though I'm not a gamer) is coming out the same day as this blu-ray: October 7. So I bet you're right, until we get something to tell us otherwise.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I know Kotto, Weaver, Skerrit, and Cartwright are all adding their voices to the new "Alien Isolation" video game releasing this October. Perhaps they could add some more input for new special features....or maybe they already have.

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
Bryan^H said:
I know Kotto, Weaver, Skerrit, and Cartwright are all adding their voices to the new "Alien Isolation" video game releasing this October. Perhaps they could add some more input for new special features....or maybe they already have.
Also Stanton!

"Right." :P

andySu

Senior HTF Member
ijthompson said:
Also Stanton!

"Right." :P
"Right". ha, ha :P

So does mean re-packing ALIEN as same as the previous bluray release or another redo 4K. "What's the story mother?"

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The studio's love their anniversaries, i can't see this being anything other than a re-packaging, the last release was from a 4K scan, maybe technology has improved a little but not enough to make me buy it again as i think the current release is good and already has a ton of extra content, mind you i should add never say never, maybe Fox can twist my arm again. :D

ijthompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jordan
FoxyMulder said:
The studio's love their anniversaries, i can't see this being anything other than a re-packaging, the last release was from a 4K scan, maybe technology has improved a little but not enough to make me buy it again as i think the current release is good and already has a ton of extra content, mind you i should add never say never, maybe Fox can twist my arm again. :D
I'm inclined to agree with you. If Creative Assembly/Sega had been scrambling to have their game's release date match Fox's blu-ray, I might have thought otherwise. But in this case, it's the reverse.

Still, it's Alien. So, I'm all ears. :D

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Can't add much more to this discussion than what everybody else above already have -- the supplemental features on the Alien Anthology boxed set are already so exhaustive and comprehensive, there's probably very little new left to say at this point about this particular movie.

Predicting something tying into the upcoming video game, as well (which I'm completely stoked for, on a totally unrelated side-note).

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I can't see how they could improve the old transfer (it and Aliens were both remastered in 4k for the Anthology IIRC, Alien 3 and Res weren't because of the added effects). Seems pointless to me.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
Or maybe Fox, can put a kittyhugger on you, to change your mind?

For a short while then Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

10565032_10152587076970149_2616102480042061941_n.jpg

I doubt it will have the THX AC-3 70mm mag track version on bluray, That one is reserved for THX laseridisc. :P

andySu

Senior HTF Member
cineMANIAC said:
So we get another unnecessary reissue but no Abyss or True Lies. Enough of this crap.
Yes my sentiment exactly.

Fox, should get serious and stop trying to buy Warner bros for $80 billion that was refused and release THE ABYSS / TRUE LIES.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
The upcoming Isolation video game looks very promising. Let's hope that they record new interviews with the cast at least (for the BD).

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
cineMANIAC said:
So we get another unnecessary reissue but no Abyss or True Lies. Enough of this crap.
I am so sick of reissues, not just from Fox but every studio. I know these reissues are apparently money-makers (and a lot of pure profit if all that changes is the packaging) but I sure wish they'd throw a few of the dollars generated by these reissues toward some NEW catalog releases, especially for new releases that are at , or approaching, important anniversary milestones. Sorry for beating a dead horse.....;

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks