– The Big Chill– 1983 

Posted Image

–Kate Upton (The Other Woman– 2014)

Posted Image

–Separate Tables – 1958

–Duel at Diablo– 1966

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Adventure Time: Princess Day $12.99
Cuban Fury $17.78
Dragonwolf $22.98
Duel at Diablo $10.99
Five Dances $22.98
Frontline: The United States of Secrets $21.24
The Grace Kelly Collection $28.48
It Felt Like Love $27.98
Legendary $26.98
Lullaby $15.78
Marty $10.99
Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXX $53.97
Noah $16.99 $17.99 $16.99
The Ong Bak Trilogy $24.28
The Other Woman $14.99 $14.99 $15.99
Paris Blues $13.99
The Protector 2 $17.78 $14.99
Separate Tables $10.99

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
The Big Chill [Criterion Collection, DualFormat] $27.59
Cuban Fury $19.78
Dragonwolf $27.98
Duel at Diablo $16.99
Herzog: The Collection LE 149.99
Marty $16.99
Noah [Combo Pack] $17.99 $17.99 $18.99
On My Way $31.48
The Ong Bak Trilogy $25.48
The Other Woman $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Paris Blues $16.99
The Protector 2 $23.79 $17.99
Protector 2, The  3-D $19.99
Separate Tables $16.99
Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery and TheMissing Pieces $119.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace and Music[40th Anniversary LE Revisited] $33.97

IndividualTitles in the CollectionsListed Above:

TheGrace Kelly Collection  (DVD): High Society, Dial M for Murder, The Country Girl, The Bridges atToko-Ri, To Catch a Thief, Mogambo.

Herzog:The Collection LE (Blu-ray): EvenDwarfs Started Small, My Best Fiend, Fata Morgana, Aguirre, the Wrathof God, Land of Silence and Darkness, The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser,Heart of Glass, Strozek, Woyzek, Nosferatu the Vampyre, Fitzcarraldo,Where the Green Ants Dream, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, Lessons ofDarkness, Ballad of Little Soldier and Cobra Verde.

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--
--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING of this week'sBlu release of Noah.  Also includes a $10 Movie Card. Limit 2 movie card redemptions per person.  Valid atparticipating theaters only.  Offer expires 9-30-14. Internet access and printer required to redeem.  Seepackaging for details.

[font=" Arial;"]--AtBest Buy, this week, the following releases are on sale:

Rio 2:  $14.99DVD/$19.99 Blu/$22.99 Blu 3-D.

Sherlock: Seasons 1-3 $29.99 Blu (apiece)

Vikings:  Season1:  $14.99 DVD

--BestBuy also has a sale on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles releases this week:

TeenageMutant Ninja Turtles:  $3.99 DVD/$4.99 Blu

TeenageMutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze:  $3.99 DVD/$4.99Blu

TeenageMutant Ninja Turles III: Turtles in Time:  $3.99 DVD/$4.99 Blu

4Film Favorites - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collection (TeenageMutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of theOoze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time, TMNT): $9.99 DVD/$14.99 Blu

[/font]

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to Report.

--Targetthis week has EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE WOOD PACKAGING of this week's Blu release of Noah.  Also includes abonus Blu disc with more than 45 minutes of bonus content. Includes "The Watchers," "Noah's Score." and "The Sounds ofNoah."  Also includes FREE $10 theater cash.

--Targetis also advertising FREE Snack-Sized Oreo Cookies with the purchase anyany kids' movie shown or select others.  Titles shownincludeScooby-Doo DVD $7.00, Where the Wild Things Are Blu $7.00, EpicBlu $12.00, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax Blu $12.00, Despicabnle Me 2 Blu$16.99, The Nut Job Blu $17.99, more in store. 

--Target has the following TV Shows on DVD on sale this week:

$24.99:  American Horror Story: Season 1, Vikings: Season 1,House of Cards: Season 2

$29.99:  Ray Donovan: Season 1

$34.99:  True Detective: Season 1, True Blood: Season 6

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
How in the world am I first here tonight? That hasn't happened in AGES!

Nothing this week...saving the pennies for a very expensive August 12 (movies plus two birthdays...). Thanks, as always, Mike!

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Will pick up Twin Peaks eventually but $120 is too steep for a series I've purchased twice already.

The UK version, which appears to be identical to the US release and is region free can be had for under $80 ($78.57 to be exact), shipped, from amazon.uk. $40 less for the exact same discs, shipped overseas no less? What gives?!?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
It's odd how the Noah BRD is only $1 more than the DVD. Most other films have a big gap, e.g. Duel at Diablo or Marty where the BRD is $16.99 vs. $10.99 for the DVD.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike! It looks like the triple-dip of Twin Peaks I preordered in May is it for me this week...although, I have to say I have no idea what The Other Woman is, but your RoundUp mention certainly got my attention! :biggrin: :3dglasses: :laugh:

Oh, yeah, The Big Chill for sure, too, during the next B&N Criterion sale.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
pitchman said:
Oh, yeah, The Big Chill for sure, too, during the next B&N Criterion sale.
I'm planning to head off to my B&N store tomorrow night, in case it is put on the shelves early.I've heard rumors that some stores have done this in the past (a customer-friendly gesture).If not, I'm no worse off.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
That's why I ordered Twin Peaks from Amazon UK. The difference in price for the same content, region free, was just too deep.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
already pre-ordered Twin Peaks, will be winging its' way to me this week.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
We'll be binge-rewatching Twin Peaks in BD this week.

I mentioned this before, but when I lived in L.A. and this show was airing, several bars and nightclubs would actually come to a stop to play the show live; that's how much of a hipster cult fave this thing was.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Oooh, TMNT on Blu? That's pretty . . . .

gallery_286742_24_28767.jpg

Wait - what was I talking about again?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
SD_Brian said:
Will pick up Twin Peaks eventually but $120 is too steep for a series I've purchased twice already.
Same here so nothing new for me this week.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The "COLLECTIBLE WOOD PACKAGING" on Noah isn't nearly as exciting or wooden as it sounds. By "wood packaging" they mean "paper slipcase that was possibly made from wood." So what they told us is true. From a certain point of view.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
SD_Brian said:
The "COLLECTIBLE WOOD PACKAGING" on Noah isn't nearly as exciting or wooden as it sounds. By "wood packaging" they mean "paper slipcase that was possibly made from wood." So what they told us is true. From a certain point of view.
THAT is extremely lame.

I would have expected something like a balsa wood case with a sliding door. Lame-o. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks