What's new

Invaders from Mars (1986) (Scream Factory) (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Announced via twitter and facebook along with other titles:
We just announced the following upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray releases at our Comic Con panel this evening. Here's the exciting line-up!

1. The Dark Half
2. Monkey Shines
3. Candyman II: Farewell to the Flesh
4. Scarecrows
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. New Year’s Evil
7. Invaders from Mars
8. Dolls (Collector’s Edition)
9. Mad Max (Collector’s Edition)
10. Escape From New York (Collector’s Edition)

We have no details to report on this time other than that Dolls, The Dark Half and Monkey Shines are slated for November 2014 street dates and the rest will land in 2015.

We have more to reveal for 2015 so keep your eyes peeled here for updates throughout the Fall.
GKaHdZa.jpg

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Candyman artwork is better than the UK, indeed some very nice cover artwork for these releases, shame that for Candyman it will probably be the same USA theatrical cut that we have in the UK and not the slightly longer edition that i own on VHS video, i know it isn't a lot longer but the additional gore makes a difference in this type of film, it gives the film slightly more of an edge.

Good to see The Dark Half, i like that film, atmospheric and a good music score, i hope the transfers good but since it's a nineties film you just never know what you will end up getting on blu ray, old dated transfer or new scan, i hope for the latter.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Noach Kowalski said:
For the record, they are releasing a sequel to Candyman, not the original one.
That explains the different artwork, it was too small to read the writing. :lol:

Re-checked on IMDB, nope i was wrong, i think it's Columbia/Sony for Candyman in the USA, so a Twilight Time release. ?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
FoxyMulder said:
[...] indeed some very nice cover artwork for these releases[...]
By the way, i don't think these are the Bluray covers.
These are just the film posters.

edit: Edited first post with larger photo and more info on release dates!

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Konstantinos said:
By the way, i don't think these are the Bluray covers.
These are just the film posters.
Lets hope they use some of them, i'm really hoping the transfer for The Dark Half is good, been waiting ages for that one.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
FoxyMulder said:
Lets hope they use some of them, i'm really hoping the transfer for The Dark Half is good, been waiting ages for that one.
I haven't seen this but i remember something that had made huge impression on me (since film music is my field) when it was first released:
I was reading a film magazine at that time and the review for the soundtrack had 5 out of 5 stars, which was something rare..

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Konstantinos said:
I haven't seen this but i remember something that had made huge impression on me (since film music is my field) when it was first released:
I was reading a film magazine at that time and the review for the soundtrack had 5 out of 5 stars, which was something rare.
It's a very atmospheric music score.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well, I have a soft heart for "Invaders from Mars"...Tobe Hooper signed my film poster. The SD from Anchor Bay has a very dark picture and runs at 102 min. The Midnite Movie version runs 99 min and the picture is much better looking.

IMDB says the run time is 100 min. and I've watched both and I can't find the discrepancy.

I hope they do a good job on this one film, then I can finally throw out the Anchor Bay coaster!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jari K said:
Also Mad Max and Escape from New York. Very interesting.
I'm not expecting Scream to add much more to Escape. I'd guess that they'll clean up the existing transfer and in terms of special features, they'll get Adrienne Barbeau for a new interview and maybe John Carpenter but the bulk of the bonus material will probably be a port of the stuff from the MGM disc.

Wasn't The Dark Half cut up pretty extensively before its release? Hopefully the deleted scenes will be on there.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TravisR said:
I'm not expecting Scream to add much more to Escape. I'd guess that they'll clean up the existing transfer and in terms of special features, they'll get Adrienne Barbeau for a new interview and maybe John Carpenter but the bulk of the bonus material will probably be a port of the stuff from the MGM disc.

Wasn't The Dark Half cut up pretty extensively before its release? Hopefully the deleted scenes will be on there.
I remember reading that Needful Things was cut up badly by the studio, don't recall The Dark Half being butchered.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
John Maher_289910 said:
I'd be WAY happier to be getting the original INVADERS FROM MARS.
Isn't it owned by that psycho Wade Williams??? That's got to be the holy grail of sci-fis!

I'd love to have it in the original US edition and the European version...with all the extra footage, not some of it that was on the latest SD. This is the footage that was filmed a year later and is on the SD.

It's fun to wish...time is not on our side for some of us!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks