Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas in Connecticut (1945) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,094 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 12:35 AM

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 15 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,155 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 05:47 AM

Thanks, sir!  Ordered!

#3 of 15 OFFLINE   RetroGuy

RetroGuy

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 09:20 AM

Thanks, sir!  Ordered!

Ditto!

#4 of 15 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,094 posts

Posted July 25 2014 - 08:49 PM

109472_large.jpg

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 15 OFFLINE   ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,897 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted July 25 2014 - 08:55 PM

Thanks, sir! Ordered!

. And another order.
"Get a director and a writer and leave them alone. That`s how the best pictures get made" - William "Wild Bill" Wellman

#6 of 15 OFFLINE   Everett Stallings

Everett Stallings

Second Unit

• 400 posts
  • LocationWilmington,De

Posted July 26 2014 - 06:02 AM

one more!
Former projectionist @ all downtown theatres in Balto. City.Which are all closed. frown.gif

#7 of 15 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,215 posts
  • LocationBoiling Springs, South Carolina

Posted July 26 2014 - 08:36 AM

Me too!

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My Blu-Ray Collection: http://www.blu-ray.c...on.php?u=153595

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#8 of 15 OFFLINE   JoelA

JoelA

Second Unit

• 286 posts
  • LocationThe Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH

Posted October 28 2014 - 11:46 AM

Ordered through the link. Can't beat $13.89 for this classic.

#9 of 15 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,215 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 11:57 AM

Ordered through the link. Can't beat $13.89 for this classic.

Yep.....aside from the great quality of both WHV and WAC releases, their price point (usually less than $15 on Amazon) are excellent. For most of their releases, I'd pay Twilight Time prices (SHHHHH, don't tell anyone or Warners will up their prices!).

Now you listen to me, I'm an advertising man, not a red herring. I've got a job, a secretary, a mother, two ex-wives and several bartenders that depend upon me, and I don't intend to disappoint them all by getting myself "slightly" killed.  Roger Thornhill (Cary Grant), Hitchcock's North By Northwest (1959)

My modest setup: TV- Panny TC-P46ST30; HT- Panny SC-BTT370 Blu-ray Home Theater System; Satellite: Directv HR24 HD-DVR; Gaming: Sony PS3

#10 of 15 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,531 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 28 2014 - 12:04 PM

... For most of their releases, I'd pay Twilight Time prices (SHHHHH, don't tell anyone or Warners will up their prices!).

Let's not get crazy, Alex!  :biggrin:

I just ordered two Twilight Time releases (Birdman of Alcatraz & Judgment at Nuremburg) the other day and was holding my breath when I pushed the "Submit Order" button. 

That was tough for this bargain shopper...

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#11 of 15 OFFLINE   Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Screenwriter

• 1,155 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 12:04 PM

For most of their releases, I'd pay Twilight Time prices (SHHHHH, don't tell anyone or Warners will up their prices!).

NIce going Alex, now you've RUINED Chirstmas!

#12 of 15 OFFLINE   atfree

atfree

Screenwriter

• 1,215 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 12:17 PM

Let's not get crazy, Alex!  :biggrin:

I just ordered two Twilight Time releases (Birdman of Alcatraz & Judgment at Nuremburg) the other day and was holding my breath when I pushed the "Submit Order" button. 

That was tough for this bargain shopper...

I know, I know! Mike, I feel your pain....ordering TT's releases is always a "angel on left shoulder/devil on right shoulder" transaction for me. "Do it Alex, your kids can pay their own tuition"...."Don't do it Alex, that would buy your wife a nice gift". :)  Guess which one usually wins?

#13 of 15 OFFLINE   Richard M S

Richard M S

Supporting Actor

• 638 posts

Posted November 02 2014 - 09:31 PM

The TCM ad for this and A Christmas Carol mentions extras, but does not give specifics. Does anyone know yet if they mirror the extras on the dvds, or has something been added or removed?

#14 of 15 ONLINE   classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy

Screenwriter

• 2,003 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted November 02 2014 - 11:01 PM

Review from DVDBeaver is up:

http://www.dvdbeaver...cut_blu-ray.htm

"When I get a little money, I buy movies.  If there is some left over I'll attend to utilities and groceries".

My DVD and Blu-ray collection - http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/

#15 of 15 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 2,023 posts

Posted December 23 2014 - 04:59 PM

Review from DVDBeaver is up:

http://www.dvdbeaver...cut_blu-ray.htm

Who cares what Beaver thinks? :)

I've just watched this disc after sitting on it for several weeks. It's really good with excellent picture quality and an interesting extra: a short film directed by Don Siegel and photographed by Robert Burks. This short is a riff on the Nativity theme and is well worth watching. 

The main film is pretty good although my bias against Dennis Morgan reduced my enjoyment. I'd have loved the film if one of the princes of light comedy had played the lead: Cary Grant, or Melvin Douglas or David Niven. But even with Dennis Morgan I enjoyed it. Barbara Stanwyck was good - of course - and so was the supporting cast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users