Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: 24: Live Another Day (Blu-ray) (DVD) + Complete Series

Fox BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,376 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 03:16 PM

JACK IS BACK!

24LAD_BD_3D_BoxShot.jpg

EVERY SECOND COUNTS AS KIEFER SUTHERLAND RETURNS AS JACK BAUER IN “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY AND DVD SEPTEMBER 30

Blu-ray Includes “24: Solitary,” 
The Shocking Story Extension to “Live Another Day”

LOS ANGELES, CA (July 24, 2014) – One of television’s most critically-acclaimed dramas returns for one more mission as “24: Live Another Day” arrives on Blu-ray and DVD September 30 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Starring Emmy® winner Kiefer Sutherland* as legendary hero Jack Bauer, the action-packed series follows our hero in real time over 12 episodes as a new terrorist threat unfolds overseas.

The year’s most anticipated television event, “24: Live Another Day,” delivers more explosive action than viewers could have hoped for! Exiled in London for four years, former Counter Terrorist Unit agent Jack Bauer (Sutherland) must spring into action to try to save U.S. President James Heller (William Devane). In retribution for a drone strike he ordered, Heller sits in the crosshairs of the widow of an al-Qaeda leader. Along the way, Jack faces his ex-love, Heller’s daughter Audrey (Kim Raver), who’s married to chief of staff Mark Boudreau (Tate Donovan). Teaming with CTU operative-turned-hacktivist Chloe O’Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Jack risks everything to try to protect the U.S., prevent a global terrorist attack and outrun the CIA head (Benjamin Bratt) – as the pulse-quickening tension unfolds in real time!

Deemed one of AFI’s "Top Television Series of All Time" and winner 20 Emmy Awards, “24: Live Another Day” takes Jack to a foreign land for his most dangerous mission yet. The Blu-ray comes loaded with bonus material including “24: Solitary,” an intense story extension of Season Nine. Additionally, both the Blu-ray and DVD include the featurette “When Worlds Collide” illustrating how this thrilling season and the pulse-pounding storytelling stems from today’s terrorism and government headlines, “Destination London” focusing on shooting overseas, “Green Production” about the environmentally responsible making of the show and deleted and extended scenes.

Fans who want to experience every second of Jack Bauer’s heroism can also pickup, 24: The Complete Series on September 30, which features all nine seasons, including “24: Live Another Day” and the TV movie 24: Redemption.

*2006; Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, “24”

“24: Live Another Day” Blu-ray & DVD Special Features
BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE - “24: Solitary” – story extension to “24: Live Another Day”
“Worlds Collide: When Reality Becomes Fiction” – How the “24: Live Another Day” storyline is ripped from today’s headlines
“Destination London” – featurette on shooting in London
“Green Production” – behind-the-scenes piece on the environmental responsible production of “24: Live Another Day”
Deleted and Extended Scenes

“24: Live Another Day” Blu-ray
Street Date: September 30, 2014
Prebook Date: September 3, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 1.78:1
Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA
  Spanish 5.1 DTS
Subtitles English / French / Spanish
U.S. Rating: TV-14
Total Run Time: 574 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes

“24: Live Another Day” DVD
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital
  Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
Total Run Time: 571 minutes

“24: The Complete Series” DVD
Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital
  Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital

24-TCS_Sticker_vC-3.jpg

24LAD_DVD_3D_BoxShot.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 295 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted August 04 2014 - 05:06 AM

Absolutely mystifying that Fox is neglecting a complete series release on Blu-ray. If any Fox TV property would sell on BD, it has to be 24. Most of the Amazon "reviews" of the set mention the lack of a Blu-ray option.

And I think someone knows what they are doing, because their advertisements / press releases have often slyly implied a complete series Blu-ray, but then once you click, you find the big box is DVD-only. At the same time, now, though, they are freely putting the new season Blu-ray right alongside it, with its Blu-ray quality and exclusive extras.

So it's almost like the consumer is being beaten over the head with the problem.

I will buy when the series hits BD. I feel it is a certainty.

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,486 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 04 2014 - 07:15 AM

This would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce the earlier seasons on Blu-ray to go along with the latest miniseries. A missed opportunity to my way of thinking though, of course, I'm thrilled the latest installment is getting a Blu-ray release.

I know I reviewed season eight on Blu-ray, but were any earlier seasons released on Blu-ray?

#4 of 12 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,224 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 04 2014 - 08:01 AM

I know I reviewed season eight on Blu-ray, but were any earlier seasons released on Blu-ray?

Season Seven was released on Blu-ray too. The show is so old (the first season is from 2001-02) that some of the early seasons were finished on video so I don't know how much chance there is that Fox will upgrade it any time soon. Unfortunately, I think if the S7 and S8 sets had sold well, Fox probably would have already gone back and released more of the early seasons.

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:03 AM

Something is going on at 20th Century Fox....budget cuts?  I don't know.  But they also decided not to release Blu-Rays for the next seasons of "Modern Family" and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" .  The first 4 seasons of "Modern Family" Blu-rays were always announced for release the same time as the DVDs.  But the upcoming Season 5 DVD was only announced.  Same with "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" (however, like 24, the beginning of this series was not released on Blu-Ray.....I believe only seasons 5-8 were released on Blu-Ray).  And why not release the complete series for 24 on Blu-Ray?......I can see this being release on Blu-Ray even more so than the two sitcoms mentioned.  I hope this is all premature and EVENTUALLY all these series will be on Blu-Ray......but is 20th Century foretelling about the future of their T.V. series being released on Blu-Ray?  If it is, it's very disappointing.

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   jcroy

jcroy

Screenwriter

• 1,190 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:07 AM

Something is going on at 20th Century Fox....budget cuts?  I don't know.  But they also decided not to release Blu-Rays for the next seasons of "Modern Family" and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" .  The first 4 seasons of "Modern Family" Blu-rays were always announced for release the same time as the DVDs.  But the upcoming Season 5 DVD was only announced.  Same with "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" (however, like 24, the beginning of this series was not released on Blu-Ray.....I believe only seasons 5-8 were released on Blu-Ray).  And why not release the complete series for 24 on Blu-Ray?......I can see this being release on Blu-Ray even more so than the two sitcoms mentioned.  I hope this is all premature and EVENTUALLY all these series will be on Blu-Ray......but is 20th Century foretelling about the future of their T.V. series being released on Blu-Ray?  If it is, it's very disappointing.

Similar story with season 9 of Bones being possibly dvd-only too.

Also Hawaii Five-0 (at Paramount), where season 4 was announced as possibly dvd-only.

Unfortunate, but not surprising for the most part.

#7 of 12 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,224 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted August 04 2014 - 10:28 AM

Something is going on at 20th Century Fox....budget cuts?

I'm sure it's as simple as poor sales on their TV Blu-rays.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,486 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 04 2014 - 12:33 PM

It's such a shame. The shows look SO much better on Blu-ray.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   mrz7

mrz7

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 12:46 PM

It's such a shame. The shows look SO much better on Blu-ray.

I TOTALLY agree!!!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 04:10 PM

Season Seven was released on Blu-ray too. The show is so old (the first season is from 2001-02) that some of the early seasons were finished on video so I don't know how much chance there is that Fox will upgrade it any time soon. Unfortunately, I think if the S7 and S8 sets had sold well, Fox probably would have already gone back and released more of the early seasons.

I have read that Seasons 1-8 were all done on 35mm film and Live Another Day was done on Digital.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,272 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 06:43 PM

I have read that Seasons 1-8 were all done on 35mm film and Live Another Day was done on Digital.

Yeah but the final renders (clocks, splitscreens, etc) for seasons 1-3 were all done in standard def (Day 4 was the first to be broadcast in HD). Also the pilot and a few other early episodes are 480i.

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Second Unit

• 295 posts

Posted August 04 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yeah but the final renders (clocks, splitscreens, etc) for seasons 1-3 were all done in standard def (Day 4 was the first to be broadcast in HD). Also the pilot and a few other early episodes are 480i.

Hmm, well, my understanding is that the series was already remastered. in HD, so...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users