-

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: X-Men: Days of Future Past (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray)

Fox BD/DVD Press Release

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,994 posts

Posted July 23 2014 - 10:16 AM

BD.jpg XMen_DOFP_BD_Oring_R5.jpg
ama.jpeg

“THE SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER THAT’S DAMN NEAR PERFECT…IT’S SPECTACULAR”
- Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

x-menDOFP.jpg

Grossing Nearly $740 Million Worldwide To Date, the Most Anticipated X-Men Comic Adaptation Releases 
on Digital HD September 23, 
3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and DVD October 14

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (July 23, 2014) – X-Men Unite! The only way to save the future is to go into the past. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment takes you back in time to stop the end of the world with X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST on 3D Blu-ray™, Blu-ray™ and DVD on October 14 and Digital HD September 23rd. Featuring a massive collaboration of legendary actors and the return of director Bryan Singer, “the very best [film] of the franchise since the first X-Men” comes to life in amazing fashion that you’ll have to see to believe (Stephen Rebello, Playboy).

A heroic all-star cast including Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence forms the ultimate X-Men ensemble as the unstoppable characters from the original X-Men trilogy must join forces with their younger selves in an epic battle to change the past and save the future.

The X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Blu-ray and DVD brings nearly an hour of never-before-seen special features that will take you even further into the making of this epic adventure. From the background story and creation of the building of the Sentinels program, to a gag reel of cast member’s “finest” mutant moments, the Blu-ray is a must-have for any true fan and new fans of the franchise.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST SPECIAL FEATURES
Deleted Scenes with Optional Audio Commentary by Bryan Singer
Gag Reel
Kitchen Sequence
Classification: M
X-Men: Reunited
Double Take: Xavier & Magneto
Sentinels: For A Secure Future
Gallery: Trask Industries
Second Screen App
Theatrical Trailers

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 3D BLU-RAY
Street Date: October 14, 2014
Prebook Date: September 10, 2014
Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (2.40:1)
Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,
  Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish
Total Film Run Time: 131 minutes
U.S. Rating: PG-13
Closed Captioned: Yes

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST BLU-RAY
Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,
  Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1, French Dolby Digital 5.1

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST DVD
Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English Descriptive Audio 5.1,
  Spanish Surround, Dolby Digital 2.0, French Surround Dolby Digital 2.0

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 21 OFFLINE   Kevin EK

Kevin EK

Screenwriter

• 2,781 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 11:26 AM

Wasn't there going to be a longer Director's Cut as part of this release?

Or did they rethink that idea?

#3 of 21 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted July 24 2014 - 11:31 AM

Wasn't there going to be a longer Director's Cut as part of this release?

Or did they rethink that idea?

They need something to sell next year.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 of 21 OFFLINE   andySu

andySu

Screenwriter

• 1,656 posts

Posted July 24 2014 - 12:27 PM

Buy now and have to buy it again not too soon when released again in Dolby Atmos as it was also released in Dolby Atmos. I'll wait.

#5 of 21 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted July 25 2014 - 06:13 AM

Fairly recent info...

Based on that link, the big deleted sequences are not going to part of the director's cut and were never intended to. I frankly don't know how much "later" this year a DC could be coming. It would be foolish to not release it along with these versions in September.

#6 of 21 OFFLINE   campbelldropout

campbelldropout

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 30 2014 - 04:39 AM

So just audio commentary for the deleted scenes?

#7 of 21 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 25 2014 - 09:00 PM

The actual extended cut is coming next year.

#8 of 21 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,620 posts

Posted September 26 2014 - 06:59 PM

So, 

how many people will be canceling their pre-order and waiting until next year for the extended ('Rogue Cut') edition?

I'm considering it.

#9 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,581 posts

Posted September 26 2014 - 09:41 PM

I'll keep my preorder. Who knows if next year's version will actually include the film in 3D. (A lot of times, the extended versions of films aren't in 3D even when the original theatrical was.) I appreciate them announcing the future extended edition in advance so I could make an informed choice, though.

#10 of 21 OFFLINE   JakeLip

JakeLip

Stunt Coordinator

• 243 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 07:17 AM

I'll wait.

#11 of 21 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,772 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted September 27 2014 - 08:51 AM

I'm also keeping my preorder for the reasons Josh mentioned. I am a big proponent of extended and theatrical editions on disc and have no problem with two versions of the movie. I'll end up waiting for a good sale on the extended cut next year, though.

• Josh Steinberg likes this

#12 of 21 OFFLINE   Wayne_j

Wayne_j

Supporting Actor

• 552 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 07:46 PM

Unfortunately this is one my least favorite native 3D movies, Singer used the camera like he would have for a 2D movie.

• Josh Steinberg likes this

#13 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,581 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 07:59 PM

Unfortunately this is one my least favorite native 3D movies, Singer used the camera like he would have for a 2D movie.

Yeah, I think I described it to someone as "the world's first 3D movie that's in 2D" for how flat a lot of it looked.  But much the way some people would prefer a mediocre surround sound track to a mono or stereo track, I'll take mediocre 3D quality over 2D.  (That said, I wish that Singer had been more adventurous with his use of the camera - Jack The Giant Slayer had some good 3D.)  The other Fox movie this summer shot in native 3D, "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", was also very two-dimensional.  I wonder if it's just a coincidence or if Fox is pushing for a flatter style for their productions.

#14 of 21 OFFLINE   FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

映画ファン

• 5,027 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted September 27 2014 - 11:43 PM

Yeah, I think I described it to someone as "the world's first 3D movie that's in 2D" for how flat a lot of it looked.  

He said shooting Jack The Giant Slayer was time consuming, he viewed footage on 2D monitors this time, in my opinion it's a complete waste of time shooting productions like this and Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes in 3D, this is what is killing 3D off.

I'll take mediocre 3D quality over 2D.  

I won't, i'll watch the 2D version, same with the apes movie, if they can't do things right they won't get my time, point being if we buy into this rubbish they will start thinking we like poorly shot 3D and give us more of the same.

:Fun Movie Quotes:

"A good body with a dull brain is as cheap as life itself"   

"Maybe it's a sheep dog... let's keep going" 

"Please doctor, I've got to ask this. It sounds like, well, just as though you're describing some form of super carrot"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,581 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 10:22 AM

I won't, i'll watch the 2D version, same with the apes movie, if they can't do things right they won't get my time, point being if we buy into this rubbish they will start thinking we like poorly shot 3D and give us more of the same.

I totally respect that.  For me though just as a person preference, I genuinely would prefer to have mild 3D content over no 3D content, so I'll take the X-Men Days Of Future Past disc in 3D because it's more fun for me to watch it that way than it is for 2D.  I completely agree that the 3D quality isn't at all what it could or should have been, but I'll still take that over 2D. 

#16 of 21 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 10:40 AM

I watched it this weekend and enjoyed it, but I would still put it behind First Class.

Can someone explain to me how Prof Xavier had his body back for the future segments of this film?  I have seen every other film, but don't recall anything ever explaining this.  I do remember the post credit sequences of X3 and The Wolverine, but those still don't explain where the body came from.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#17 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,581 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 11:00 AM

I watched it this weekend and enjoyed it, but I would still put it behind First Class.

Can someone explain to me how Prof Xavier had his body back for the future segments of this film?  I have seen every other film, but don't recall anything ever explaining this.  I do remember the post credit sequences of X3 and The Wolverine, but those still don't explain where the body came from.

According to the movies (it's briefly mentioned in a throwaway line earlier in X3), the body belonged to a coma patient… I've been told by comic readers that Xavier had a brother who was brain dead at birth or something like that, so has been in a coma his entire life.  When Xavier "died" in X3, he transferred his consciousness into the body of his brain dead brother.  Or at least that's the closest to an explanation I've ever heard.  It's kinda dumb, but there it is.

#18 of 21 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,252 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:06 PM

According to the movies (it's briefly mentioned in a throwaway line earlier in X3), the body belonged to a coma patient… I've been told by comic readers that Xavier had a brother who was brain dead at birth or something like that, so has been in a coma his entire life.  When Xavier "died" in X3, he transferred his consciousness into the body of his brain dead brother.  Or at least that's the closest to an explanation I've ever heard.  It's kinda dumb, but there it is.

Yes, I understand all that, but specifically I meant, his original body (Patrick Stewart).  Sure it could be his brother who may look something like him, but did his brother also suffer a spinal injury that rendered him unable to walk?  That's waaay too big a stretch; obviously we're meant to accept future Charles in this movie as one and the same character from the past movies.  That's fine, just I was looking for an explanation of why that is.

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#19 of 21 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,013 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:09 PM

Will be looking at this later this week (so many movies, so little time).

"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#20 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,581 posts

Posted October 20 2014 - 12:20 PM

Yes, I understand all that, but specifically I meant, his original body (Patrick Stewart). Sure it could be his brother who may look something like him, but did his brother also suffer a spinal injury that rendered him unable to walk? That's waaay too big a stretch; obviously we're meant to accept future Charles in this movie as one and the same character from the past movies. That's fine, just I was looking for an explanation of why that is.

Yeah, the movies don't actually give us anything to explain it all. Basically I think Brett Ratner thought blowing him up looked cool, and Bryan Singer thought it was equally cool to forget it ever happened.
  • David Weicker likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fox, BD/DVD Press Release

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users